• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build 1800X Stock Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Secolliyn

Hello this is my first time watercooling and it shile my system is stable and nothing is crashing my temps seem to not be in line with what i've been seeing on youtube and forums

System
Motherboard:| Asrock X370 Tiachi
CPU: 1800X AMD Ryzen Stock no OC
Ram : Gskill 16GB CL 14 3200 Mhz (2134 Mhz currently) Trident RGB
Graphics: GTX 1080 Asus Rog Strix
SSD: C: 256GB M.2 Drive Sumsung 951
SSD: D: Crucial 525 GB 2.5 inch
HDD: 1TB Mechanical storage Drive
Power supply: 750 Watt Corsair full modular
Cooling: CPU: NZXT X62 240 Rad (set for pull)
Cooling: 2X 120 AER Fans Set up as Exhaust

I have the system open at the moment and I was just looking at temps and what I am seeing are 50C as idle on the package and while running a stress test from Aida 64 I see a max temp of 72C again that is on the package and i would like to know if i am overthinking it or are these temps in line with what others are seeing
Temps.jpg
as you can see here the cpu temps never get over 43C but i am looking at the package and wanted to know if I should be worried or not again this is my first system that i have ventured into even the AIO water cooling

and please if you need any more information please let me know and i will do my best to try and answer them
Thank you for any and all help i get

The Ryzen chip is a heater to begin with so those temps are within reason with an AIO cooler. Package temps mean nothing, just check your core temps.

Package temp is typically about the same as the hottest core temp. But where are your core temps? Does Ryzen not have sensors for the individual cores?

Someone made a post yesterday about AMD has recalibrated the core temps for the 1700x and the 1800x (I believe) which added 20c to the temp readings. Apparently, they were giving unrealistically low readings at original release.

Also, have you tried using XMP mode on your RAM to get the full frequency? This has been an issue with Ryzen.

As far as I've read at the launch of Ryzen there was a +20 C offset to what the temps were reading at and the speculation on why AMD did that was to combat the fan curves being set by the MB manufacturers

I'm seeing temps @ min: 30c current: 31c and max of 43c. How about using the new Core temp ; http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ and see if that will show the same temps.

I see that too but what concerns me more in the package temp at 71C when ever i run the cpu at 100% is that not the temp i should be worried about? and more concerned about the cpu temps like you pointed out? if so then i think the temps are great and i dont have anything to worry about

Back