• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build advise/ideas

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Hello,
Its been awhile since I have posted here. I am getting close to building a new PC. My goal is to build one that I don't feel like I need to upgrade in 6 months. The computer is for both general use/work and gaming. I know the core components I will be using, just trying to figure out what case and cooling I will use.
Here is what I have so far:
I9 10900K
RTX 3090 (of course waiting for these to come available)
Asus Z490 MB (still deciding on which one between Hero and Extreme)
Probably 32GB GSkill RGB
Corsair PSU probably HX1000i
Samsung 970 plus NVMe

Budget...well there really isn't one lol.

I like big cases and probably going to RGB it quite a bit.
So looking for the perfect case and the best cooling for the 10900k. Plan on just OCing to 5.1 on all cores and forgetting about it.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Definitely all top end parts but seems like overkill for daily gaming and general use. I would save some cash and go for the 3080 over the 3090. You might also read up on the comparisons of the ASUS boards like the Strix Z490-E compared to the Hero. Unless you are trying to draw every last bit of o/c for benching you can save some money by going with the the Strix board which is very similar and costs less. The rest looks pretty good, in fact very similar to what I'm building but I went with the 10th gen i5 and Strix -E. I figure it will last me for years to come with minimal or no upgrades at all.

Definitely all top end parts but seems like overkill for daily gaming and general use. I would save some cash and go for the 3080 over the 3090. You might also read up on the comparisons of the ASUS boards like the Strix Z490-E compared to the Hero. Unless you are trying to draw every last bit of o/c for benching you can save some money by going with the the Strix board which is very similar and costs less. The rest looks pretty good, in fact very similar to what I'm building but I went with the 10th gen i5 and Strix -E. I figure it will last me for years to come with minimal or no upgrades at all.

Thank you for the ideas. I'm really needing advise on case and cpu cooler.

Back