• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build for 1440p gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seems to be stable at 4.2GHz. Had to bump the voltage up to 1.21v. Had a crash while running a slow of benchmarks. After bumping the voltage, ran OCCT for an hour with no errors. Temps are still great. Hit 60°C max. Wondering if I should go for 4.3GHz

I assume you are using "override" mode in bios to set the voltage manually?

Make sure you are looking at Core Voltage in HWInfo64 and not core VID when checking the voltage in that tool.

Attachments

• Core VID.png
    Core VID.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Core Voltage.png
    Core Voltage.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I assume you are using "override" mode in bios to set the voltage manually?

Make sure you are looking at Core Voltage in HWInfo64 and not core VID when checking the voltage in that tool.

Yeah, I'm setting the voltage manually under the voltages in BIOS where you can change the vcore, RAM and SOC voltages. Just using the Tweaker section. I'm going by the CPU Core Voltage listed in HWInfo64 as well. Lists it as 1.206v according to that. Haven't had to up the SOC at all either.

Just fussing with a little overclocking on my 3700X. Can't get completely stable at 4.3 ghz all cores on reasonable voltage. I can get 4.25 ghz stable on 2.8 volts. That gives me about a 5% improvement in CB R20 but may have a negative impact on performance with apps not able to use a lot of cores since there's no turbo. So I probably will revert back to stock for day to day use.

At 4.25ghz and 2.8 1.28 volts I can pass 2 hr. of realbench and complete CB R20.

Johnny, what are you finding?

Last edited:
Just fussing with a little overclocking on my 3700X. Can't get completely stable at 4.3 ghz all cores on reasonable voltage. I can get 4.25 ghz stable on 2.8 volts. That gives me about a 5% improvement in CB R20 but may have a negative impact on performance with apps not able to use a lot of cores since there's no turbo. So I probably will revert back to stock for day to day use.

At 4.25ghz and 2.8 volts I can pass 2 hr. of realbench and complete CB R20.

Johnny, what are you finding?

I decided to play it safe for now and rolled it back to 4GHz at 1.2v. Been rock solid while gaming hard the last couple days.

Back