• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build help, Rampage V Edition 10 + 6900K CPU, Stock speed overheat with WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
equifox, what reporting software are you using? I would try some different temp reporting utilities.

And if the water block came with various mounting hardware for different sockets, make sure you're using the correct screws/spacers/springs for your socket.

The other thing that would be interesting to try would be to temporarily remove the water block from the CPU socket and install an ordinary air cooler and see if your temps would normalize.

Thank you all for you help !

I managed to find the issue, turns out the motherboard cpu socket had 1 missing pin. I can't say if I ****ed it up (I highly doubt it) but anyway Newegg declined my RMA (Of course), ASUS is willing to repair it for free, but I needed a working PC quickly so I ended up buying a new MB while waiting for ASUS to repair this one (Will probably sell it for a cheap price on Ebay after or something)

Anyway, now everything is stable at 4.5 Ghz and temps never reach higher than 60~ish Celcius on full load with RealBenchMark. Only downside for now seems to be my DRAM frequency, I just can't boot at 3200 no matter what, it runs stable at 3000. Just sad that I bought 3200 memory but hey it's not Corsair fault if my CPU can't handle it, bad luck I guess :)

Back