• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Itch Is Here - Lian PC-C3000 Design Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I'm definitely going to put the pumps on the mobo's CPU PWN headers. Swiftech PWM splitter for each rad off of the non cpu fan headers.

Getting close to pulling the trigger on everything :D

Yea I'm definitely going to put the pumps on the mobo's CPU PWN headers. Swiftech PWM splitter for each rad off of the non cpu fan headers.

Getting close to pulling the trigger on everything :D

Just put the fans all together since there's no point in running a set of rad fans faster than the other set. I run all my rad fans together and works like a charm.

I have the predecessor of your case. :p Great for water cooling with perfect amount of space.

11-215-014-04.jpg

11-215-014-08.jpg

Attachment-1 (1).jpeg

Attachment-1 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
Just put the fans all together since there's no point in running a set of rad fans faster than the other set. I run all my rad fans together and works like a charm.

I'll probably end up doing this for simplicity. Thoughts between these two 140mm fans??? I already have Akasa 120mm fans, but need to pickup 3 140mm for the top rad. I've read Noctura 140mms are solid too but looks like these have better specs.

Noiseblocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-PS
Akasa VIPER PWM

Sorry for the double post. Excited to report that ordering has begun!

Lian Case has been ordered from Newegg
EK Products, Res, Dual Pump, Block, have been ordered from EK

As soon as I figure out what 140mm fans to use for my top 420mm Rad, I'll place the order for the rest of the cooling parts from Frozencpu. I'm also waiting to see the deal with the 9th Generation Intels before ordering a CPU and Mobo. Since the 9th gen are rumored to be released on the 1st, it's close enough to play the waiting game. I'll be getting the rest of the components from Newegg once that's figured out.

Nice build above Alex. Any tips for working with a Lian Case?

RE; post #12.
in your loop order, you are pumping to a radiator first?
it should be pump to cpu.

Since you're in this for the long haul, maybe wait a bit and build around a i9-9900K (8 core /16 thread) and Z390 motherboard.

Caddi, it shouldn't be an issue with the EK dual d5 pump. Certainly willing to hear a counter to that though.

DaveB, from the sounds of it the Z390 is only providing better wifi and USB 3.1 support, neither of which I care about. I'm more so waiting to hear how the 9th Gen Intels are supported on the Z370s.

So long as the pump is fed directly from the reservoir the other components order make little to no difference.

So long as the pump is fed directly from the reservoir the other components order make little to no difference.

What Blay said. Loop order doesn't matter as long as the pump's are being fed. The loop will reach an equilibrium stage meaning, a normalization.

I was gong to run a loop to the rad first just because I thought it might dissipate any pump heat before the CPU, but after 20 minutes it's all the same temp isn't it?

DaveB, from the sounds of it the Z390 is only providing better wifi and USB 3.1 support, neither of which I care about. I'm more so waiting to hear how the 9th Gen Intels are supported on the Z370s.

You'll likely need to update the BIOS first for a Z370 to recognize the new CPUs. So you may need to have a older Coffee lake around to just update the BIOS. Personally, I always get the newest chipset for a new generation processor.

If it's announced and released in the near future, I'd probably go that route, but I don't want to have to wait months and months for it. I should be able to find an 8th Gen cpu to flash the bios.

Lian case’s paint job is in highest standard; it is almost scratch resistant unless u do it intensionally. The build quality of the whole case is military grade. So, enjoy your new build with your new case. It will be a pleasure. =]

Random question. Does it matter how long the reservoir's internal tube is? I see EK sells some longer ones that they market as an upgrade tube. Any benefits in having a longer one than stock?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-internal-tube-12-16-140mm

Also, the reservoir comes with the "PE foam can be used to diminish vortex occurance." Good to use? I've seen pics of other people's builds with this but figured I'd ask.

Last edited:
Random question. Does it matter how long the reservoir's internal tube is? I see EK sells some longer ones that they market as an upgrade tube. Any benefits in having a longer one than stock?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-internal-tube-12-16-140mm

Also, the reservoir comes with the "PE foam can be used to diminish vortex occurance." Good to use? I've seen pics of other people's builds with this but figured I'd ask.

I see it in a few different ways.

For the obvious one, looks. If you stick a small cylinder res in a large case, it just looks silly. Also a taller res can give you a nice glow via RGB LED for example.

Another reason, it would be easier to supplement the loop once air pocket's make their way out to the reservoir so you're not constantly filling say a smaller res.

My other reason because of personal experience, easier on a pump running at full bore. My problem is my bay reservoir is too shallow and has a tendency of sucking up some air.

All of the above makes sense, I think I'm going to get the 140mm one. Your 2nd point is what I was thinking, gives you a greater threshold between the water line and the bottom of the tube. Looks of course too ;)

Ordering that and the fill bottle you linked earlier in the thread.

Last two things to figure out are what 140mm Rad fans to go with (EDIT, gonna go with the Noctua Industrial NF-A14 2000rpm PWM), and playing a bit of the waiting game to see what the deal with the 9th gen Intels and mobo compatibility. I saw a thread on EVGA Forums that might have some pics of a Z390 Dark mobo. I'd be all over that if it was announced soon.

Last edited:
I saw a thread on EVGA Forums that might have some pics of a Z390 Dark mobo. I'd be all over that if it was announced soon.

You're talking about this? (Kingpin's personal FB page.)

42724873_1627491924022909_3724574525031972864_n.jpg

I'm not sure if that is a Z or X series but yeah, something is in the works and should be showing it's face in the near future and don't forget if you're will to wait for thanksgiving week aka black friday and cyber monday. Great deals that whole week and monday.

Lian makes excellent cases, good choice. i'm kinda a noob as far as liquid cooling, but it'd make sense to me to add a barb after that drain valve so you can shove a piece of flex on it when you drain the loop. that way, you could just drop the other end into a bucket when it's time.

Lian makes excellent cases, good choice. i'm kinda a noob as far as liquid cooling, but it'd make sense to me to add a barb after that drain valve so you can shove a piece of flex on it when you drain the loop. that way, you could just drop the other end into a bucket when it's time.

Yep my plan is basically that. I'll have a stop plug in place when the valve is closed, and when it's time to drain I'll remove the plug, screw in a spare compression fitting I already have and push in some tubing into a bucket as you suggest. I just already have some extra compression fittings so no need to buy another barb.

Here's where I am with everything. Case and EK products are ordered, case will be in this week and EK next week. I'm going to see how the Pump fits in the case before I place my order from Frozencpu, just to see if there's anything I need to help. In terms of ordering the sheer components, I'm waiting to see what the deal with the 9th gen Intels which apparently are on the verge of release, plus the Z390 mobos. I reallyyyyyy hope the rumors are true that EVGA is going to release a Z390 Dark mobo. I'm willing to wait a minute or two if necessary as I really do not want to buy an Intel 8th gen just to be able to flash a mobo bios to support the new 9thj gens.

Long story short, I'm taking my time with ordering everything to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, all the i's dotted and all the t's crossed.

Back