• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Itch Is Here - Lian PC-C3000 Design Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry for the double post. I do have ONE final question.

For anyone that has ever used the EK Dual D5 Serial pump. Any cleaning needed prior to use? If so, what would you recommend.

That will be all! Thanks again

nope you should be good to go. ek takes pride in making their parts plug and play. ive pre rinsed their rads in the past to see if anything came out but it was clean as a whistle.

You don't have to from reputed places if its a pump but I still like too. Just be careful you don't void their warranties as some could be picky about it. I would ask and see first before taking the pump(s) apart for inspection before use.

Rads and CPU blocks I will always take apart or just rinse in distilled till it returns clear on new hardware.

Rads and CPU blocks I will always take apart or just rinse in distilled till it returns clear on new hardware.

So simple and cheap. Can't see a reason not to, especially with my luck. The first time I ignored advice like this I'd have a dead mouse in my rad, I just know it. :D

Thanks all. Was definitely planning on cleaning out the rads via the rad dance and was going to do like a flush of the block and res. Will do a flush as well on the pump.

Thanks all. Was definitely planning on cleaning out the rads via the rad dance and was going to do like a flush of the block and res. Will do a flush as well on the pump.

It can't hurt, and that way if something comes up later you don'y have to sit and wonder how big the mouse is and what's that gonna smell like when you take it apart? LOL

It can't hurt, and that way if something comes up later you don'y have to sit and wonder how big the mouse is and what's that gonna smell like when you take it apart? LOL

If you have mouse issues at home, I would call the exterminator Alaric. ;)

The two 360mm rads are all cleaned out, the 480mm to go. Still need to clean out the res, pump, and block, as well as a rinse of the fill bottle. Vacuumed the case as well, organized the build station, etc. Win10 installation media on USB key also all set, as well as all my needed installation files and drivers backed up onto another USB key.

I really wanted to finish all the cleaning yesterday but was so tired at the end of the day. Didn't want to be exhausted for today.

Z390 Dark mobo and PSU coming in today! Build commences tonight!

I have so many updates and not enough pictures, but long story short... the build is DONE... aside from a few things. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow, but overall very happy with the end result.

I'll be making a new thread with pictures and observations and whatnot. Definitely tidbits I'd like to share on the Lian case that I hope could help people down the line.

Remaining things to do...
-The SATA power connection on one of my Swiftech PWM Splitters is broken which I didn't realize until I began testing. I had a spare molex one from my past build that I'm using until a new SATA one comes in. I'm trying to retire molex as much as possible which is why I ordered another SATA.

-I had a small leak on the 90 degree fitting on my bottom radiator. Was ever so slightly leaking at the rotary joint, and after closer inspection the radiator fan to its left was pushing against it just in the wrong spot. I removed the fan to verify this, and the leak completely stopped. Not going to fiddle with the fitting and tubing run because it's working fine. I'm going to shave off some of the plastic on the fan to make sure it doesn't touch. It's a VERY tight fit.

-XMP Profile enabled on my G.Skill Ram. Running at 4100Mhz with a CAS Latency of 17. Running no problem.

I ran Prime95 for a little while with AVX off after enabling XMP. Was sitting at 50c give or take. Then I hear some air moving through the loop due to normal aeration and BAM! Temps jump up to 70-80c. Gotta be cause of the air pockets that were going through the block. Happened at exactly the same time. Not gonna run it for a few more days to let it aerate a bit more.

A little tilting, wriggling and shaking will oftimes get the trapped air out of the system.

Back