• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the help!

Didn't have XMP in the BIOS, but I do have D.O.C.P. Once I enabled that it set the correct frequency and timing. All looks good now!

I've been out of the game for too long apparently!

Thanks! Looks like I'm all setup and functioning properly.

What an upgrade from the old Q6600!

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

Thanks! Looks like I'm all setup and functioning properly.

What an upgrade from the old Q6600!

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone.

I went from a q6600 to an i7 950 and then upgraded to a r5 1600 from that and the 3700x you now have is way better than the 1600. Yeh you have had one hell of a jump.

Thanks for the help!

Didn't have XMP in the BIOS, but I do have D.O.C.P. Once I enabled that it set the correct frequency and timing. All looks good now!

I've been out of the game for too long apparently!

So this is still working for you?
I have the same motherboard and memory, I get crashes every other day with D.O.C.P settings.

I don't get any crashes but I have a ton of errors in Memtest. I've RMA'd the ram and am just waiting for them to come back. Do you have any errors if you test the RAM? When DOCP is off the PC runs fine?

Do you have the latest bios installed on the motherboard?

It is odd that you don't get crashes when using the system but you get lots of errors when running memtest86. Sometimes just bumping the RAM voltage up by say .05 will clear that up.

I don't get any crashes but I have a ton of errors in Memtest. I've RMA'd the ram and am just waiting for them to come back. Do you have any errors if you test the RAM? When DOCP is off the PC runs fine?

Ok, I've run windows memtest, and memtest86 (on both sticks at the same time which I found out yesterday wasn't optimal) but no errors. What program gives you errors?
My computer just restarts, no BSOD no dumps. All I get is a WHEA-Logger error in event viewer after reboot.
But if I put the memory @ 3400mhz I get no error's nor reboots.

After I commented here I saw there was a new BIOS that came out yesterday that would improve DRAM stability, so I'm now on that BIOS and 3600MHz, so far so good. Although It can take up to 48 hours for my computer to break down, but I'm crossing my fingers this fixes it.

EDIT: Nope, still restarted.

Last edited:
I have the latest BIOS installed. One came out yesterday that was supposed to improve DRAM stability, but I still get a ton of errors.

I tried bumping the voltage up .05 but still got errors. I've run Memtest86 and HCI memtest. Both return a lot of errors so I must have bad RAM, but Windows has never crashed.

I have the latest BIOS installed. One came out yesterday that was supposed to improve DRAM stability, but I still get a ton of errors.

I tried bumping the voltage up .05 but still got errors. I've run Memtest86 and HCI memtest. Both return a lot of errors so I must have bad RAM, but Windows has never crashed.

Yeah that sounds like bad ram, I've ordered new ram that are on ASUS QVL list. When I bought these I only looked at G.Skill's QVL list, I thought both of them were the same. Unfortunately 10 day delivery time so it's a few weeks away.

Which model RAM did you have? Mine is F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC which isn't on the Asus QVL. Since I have to wait for the RMA I purchased the 32G set instead which is F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC and is on the ASUS QVL.
Weird? Both models are essentially the same other then capacity.

I also have the F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC which is giving me trouble when DOCP is enabled. Is your new RAM working good at DOCP?
Do you know what die your new ram is? My ram is Hynix D-die which isn't the best.

Just as a follow up to this thread, I got the new RAM (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC) and don't have any errors. Ran mem test all night. DOCP enabled.

Great to hear that you've got it solved!
Personally I got new memory, the 16-16-16-36 timings of the G.Skill 3600mhz kit which are QVL listed with ASUS. Unfortunately I get the same error, I think the IMC in my CPU is bad, will pursue that next.

Back