• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build with Issues!!!!! Help Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

halfshaft5

Registered
Heres build specs:

Asus P9X79 mb
750 watt thermaltake smart series M75
Kingston Hyper X Beast KHX2400C11D3/8 x 4 total 32 gig
Samsung Pro 512GB SSD
Core I7 3.6 3820/ lga2011
CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio
Fan Controller and 5 Fans AeroCool
Case--ThermalTake
GeForce GTX770 2GB card

Win 7 Professional

Here's my issue. I'm a novice at best and will admit that up front. Did little research 11 months ago and built this computer but its just not quite right. I mean its ok but It will not hold a overclock of any way for more that a few weeks. I build this for one purpose to calculate 3d Digital Cat/Scans and cad software for a medical clinic I run and it works but not to the capacity that I would like it to. I need help getting the system up to speed.... Ram is only running at 1333mhz but try to run it up in the bios utility that ASUS has but it files it there as 235?mhz but on setup screen it says 1333mhz for all four sticks. I don't know if I need to switch up my dip switches or run a different program to tune this thing or what but I don't have the money to spend for someone to rape me to tune it at a shop as not had luck with any shops in my area in Chattanooga TN. All advice is welcome and please be kindergarten explanations so I can follow you. I am pretty tech savvy but my expertise is in the medical field so bear with me please. Thanks for the help in advance....

20141202_115410.jpg

Last edited:
I DONT KNOW IF ITS THE k-VERSION, how can I find it out, I don't see it on the original box anywhere.... I have not tried manually running Ram at 2133 yet.....

Please download and install a free program called "CPU-z". Run the program and attach images of these program tabs: "CPU", "Motherboard", "Memory" and SPD.

Crop and save the images with Snipping Tool in Windows accessories. Crop unnecessary desktop real estate.

Then click on the post window Go Advanced button and find the paperclip tool. The rest is obvious.

CPU-z will give us lots of info about your system.

Please download and install a free program called "CPU-z". Run the program and attach images of these program tabs: "CPU", "Motherboard", "Memory" and SPD.

Crop and save the images with Snipping Tool in Windows accessories. Crop unnecessary desktop real estate.

Then click on the post window Go Advanced button and find the paperclip tool. The rest is obvious.

CPU-z will give us lots of info about your system.

Attachments

• mainboard.jpg
    mainboard.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Graphics Card.jpg
    Graphics Card.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 35
  • cpu.jpg
    cpu.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
  • memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 34
  • SPD.jpg
    SPD.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Trents, that's a great tool, Ill keep that one...... BTW I am a believer too Brother!!!!! :)

CPU seems to process fine as far as I know but the Ram will just seems slow.

The RAM is in quad channel and running the correct speeds/timings per CPUz.

Where's the issue? What exactly isn't this machine doing correctly for you?

Well sometimes the computer when its calculating a design or a product in the various cad softwares, its slower than the older computer that we have. I can take the same file, have them start the proposals at the same time and it is just slow. I do relize I might need more computing power on the video card but am not familiar on how to look into a good fast computing video card to see a increase there. Also quite often when computing and populating a image catalog in the Cad software the memory will max out and send software into lockup. I have same software install on both machines and other one is considerably more stabile. Any thoughts?

first gen i7 2.7 with 8 gig ram, MSI motherboard and GTX 660 video card....Pretty plain jane!!!!!

Full size case, huge corsair cooler with single fan on cooler, 3 other fans in the case for exhaust and a aerocool fan controller....

Full size case, huge corsair cooler with single fan on cooler, 3 other fans in the case for exhaust and a aerocool fan controller....

Some specifics on what case, what fans, and what cooler would be helpful.
Also, what is the make and model of that PSU?

So I'm wondering if there could be some thermal down-throttling going on at times. CAD places a heavy demand on a CPU.

Brother halfshaft5, could you download two more free programs to test this. Download and install HWMonitor (non pro version) and Prime95.

Open HWMonitor on the desktop and run a 20 minute Prime95 "blend" stress test.

Immediately after the stress test, post back a pic of HWMonitor. That will show us what were the max core and CPU socket temps reached under heavy load.

So I'm wondering if there could be some thermal down-throttling going on at times. CAD places a heavy demand on a CPU.

Brother halfshaft5, could you download two more free programs to test this. Download and install HWMonitor (non pro version) and Prime95.

Open HWMonitor on the desktop and run a 20 minute Prime95 "blend" stress test.

Immediately after the stress test, post back a pic of HWMonitor. That will show us what were the max core and CPU socket temps reached under heavy load.

That's what ATM and I were thinking was happening.

powersupply is actually 750 watt thermaltake smart series M75 model# sp-750ah3ccb Ill need to correct that on the list up top, I looked at box of another build I did....
Cooler is Thermaltake Frio with single fan as other fan will not clear...
Case is ThermalTake

Attachments

• 20141203_141856_resized.jpg
    20141203_141856_resized.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20141203_141901_resized.jpg
    20141203_141901_resized.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 20141203_141921_resized.jpg
    20141203_141921_resized.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 24
There are lots of Thermaltake cases, which one is it?
Which model of fans are used? How many? What spots in the case? Are they intake or exhaust?

Back