• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*NEW* C-S source shots/interview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
image_29901.jpg

image_29902.jpg

INTERVIEW

OP
CircuitBreaker8

CircuitBreaker8

Disabled
Yeah it looks great,but im still not THAT impressed by the graphics of this game, they are just to....bland. IMO, it looks like a mod for BF1942 or something. Oh well, we got doom 3 for graphics i guess...But the physics in this game should be really fun to mess with, especially in MP.

ninthebin

I have a few quarms about this...firstly you see this nice new dust - WOA dust on the source looks MUCH better than the HL.

However, this makes dust look like a sandy little town, I never knew thats what dust was ever meant to look like - the look it has in those screenshots is very achievable in HL now - the only thing it has going for it is larger textures, but if they did use the same textures and make them bigger it wouldnt look that different...then onto the detail in the architecture...againt very achievable in HL now.

The player models also look...odd...the people look as if they all slept funny on the bus over there and have a crooked back, look overall quite crappy.

sure theres alot of better things over what it is now...but unless somebody starts making maps from scratch on the source engine for CS and actually spends more than 5 minutes on them then its going to be quite crappy

Radical

I think it looks pretty cool, and it'll be better than 1.6. Plus, it comes with HL2 for free, so I can't complain.

bojangles

It just looks like we will be playing CS with the better graphics. I am tired of CS, this doesn't look that exciting. And ninthebin said it, the character models look funny. Everything shown here, with the exception of dust and shadows, looks like it could be achieved with the original HL engine.

Leviathan41

CircuitBreaker8 said:
Pretty sad that we waited a full year only to get this, oh well, im sure there will be some cool mods for it...i hope

Got what? All that is, is a screenshot? Surely you haven't been waiting a year for a screenshot? The game is not out yet, people should save their judgement until they play the game. You can't tell very much from a screen shot, not even graphics.

Bensa

The hunched back has allways been a part of CS, just look at the logo. Its also used in real life to provide support for your gun, better aim and giving the enemy less area to hit you (your helmet also covers your neck, the most vulnereable area).

The model textures look quite odd though, too matte and clean I think.

gingo

The weapon models look very nice. I'm still trying to figure out what the terrorist on the second screenshot is holding though. Also dont you think the arm models (the first screen with the MP5 still look too fake? They look too perfect and white.

EDIT: Nevermind, thats a freaking shell casing, I was thinking along the lines of some half life plasma cannon in the hands of the terrorist, lol.

Drec

funny how that MP5 is the EXACT same one from DC..Hmmm.

and thee graphics are nothing compared to the D3 screenies...and they thought D3 was gonna flop...

this isnt anything NEW...i want NEW! *runs to D3*

tylerhskate

If it has the 1.6 shooting bull**** then i wont even touch it, i want 1.5 style shooting and the character models look too skinny or something, kinda fed up...I dont think they need to screw with this game anymore they already screwed it up once by changing over to steam so this probably cant be any worse

Phoenix87

You would think after 4 years they could make the game atleast look realistic, let alone be realistc.

DamienKC

Yeah, i've been following CS:S for a few months now, looks REALLY fun. I enjoy the CS now, regardless of graphics, so this'll be even better.

Plus it gives me an excuse to upgrade my video card and ram :D

theflyingrat

Great... they still didn't put the extractor on the correct side on the Glock... sure, I'm nit-picking, but at least they could put a bit of research in before doing the modelling. Shows me a bit of a lack of preparation and care.