• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cam = some pics... finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brodo

clean on the inside

looks nice and clean. what pump is that. and is that clear tubbing with some UV dye?

oh and is that a radiator at the top with a 120mm exhaust fan?

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

thanks! yes, clear vinyl tubing with uv dye purchased at a local auto parts store. the black light in the bottom also came from the auto parts store, it's a 12v light, i just cut off the cig lighter plug from the end and wired it to the 12v lead and common ground. the pump is an ehiem 1250, w/b is a maze2. heatercore came from napa, i got a friend who works at the napa here and he let me just go dig through the heater cores till i found one i liked.
yes the 120mm fan at the top is exhaust, pulling air through the rad with a home made copper shroud.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
how is the rad getting air through it? looks like it is all blocked by the CDROM drive.

SemiCycle

Starfoxer said:
how is the rad getting air through it? looks like it is all blocked by the CDROM drive.

The rad placement reminds me of my setup. When I removed the DVDrom drive below the rad, the temp dropped a couple degrees. I also ordered one of those 5 1/4 bay coolers that have (3) 40mm fans in it. I think it pushes a total of 28cfm so that should put some more cool air under the heatercore to pull through the top and out.

masitti

Very nice job - the window cut doesn't look symetrical (butchered that word), but other than that looks awesome. :)

ziah

my only suggestion is kitchens and computers dont work well together. is it possible to move to the other side of your monitor??
personal experience.... little airborne grease particles help dust stick to our gear better!!

handsome rig though!!!!

~z

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

my only suggestion is kitchens and computers dont work well together. is it possible to move to the other side of your monitor??

thanx, lol. the computer doesn't sit there, i just stuck it up there to snap the pics :D

there's just under an inch of space between the rad and the dvd drive, i'd like more but you take what you can get right? i did drill the drive bay cover under the rad full of holes, big holes. it does pretty well, temps full load @ 1.95v are 42, idle is almost always 10 degrees over system temp, normally like 25/35 sys/cpu. if the system temp goes up 1 degee so will the cpu temp. shows how important it is to have good case cooling if your exhaust is what's cooling your rad.

ziah, i butchered the side panel of my case worse! lol!! it looks pretty good though, the chrome trim i didn't get so straight, that's part of why it looks crooked.

all in all i'm happy with it, for a hacked up $40 enlight case it looks pretty darn good, i don' t like having to have the 120mm fan all the way on top of the case, there just wasn't room unless i ditched a drive, it's quiet and it does a pretty good job keepin my chip cool, i wanna cool the vid card too, that 8500 would do a little better with some water on it! :D

Last edited:

Ottoman

very similar to mine as well! nice...
attachment.php

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

ottoman, nice!! i want your case! wanna trade?? lol where's your fan though? underneath the rad pulling in?

liss, wow. this has kinda been an evolving project, started out with a bong cooler...

um, w/b was around $40
rad was $20 @ napa auto parts
pump was $68 @ dangerden
tubing, some hose clamps, couple brass fittings, maybe $10 @ lowes hardware store?

i'd say $150 in the w/c setup.

GoingH2o

Julien i dont see no T-line or filling tube.
How do you fill your system?

Actually I think you need better cool that Rad if you want to lower temps

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

GoingH2o said:
Julien i dont see no T-line or filling tube.
How do you fill your system?

Actually I think you need better cool that Rad if you want to lower temps

the t is just past the outlet of the h/c, the fill line sticks up out of the top of the case, look in the 3rd pic again, you'll see it.

better cool the rad? how so? i have a 120mm fan and a shroud on it, i do run the fan at 7v as it's much to noisy for me on 12v. fan is rated 125cfm @ 12v. i only notice a degree or two diff in temps swithcing the fan from 7v to 12v. i just can't stand the noise so i always switch it back. any suggestions on this? how to better cool the rad? i kinda thought it was doin pretty good, keep in mind that my voltage is pushed up kinda high, and my o/c as well. i figured 42 @ full load nearing 1.9ghz and 1.95vcore was not so bad.

GoingH2o

Yeah i can see the T-line :D i was kinda sleepy this mornin

Well from what i can see the rad is in a very awkward position the cdrom bays and where its located are restricting very much the airflow.

If you can move the rad to the bottom right of the case right under the hdd bays.

I know you gonna buy a full-tower case and i suggest you get this SupermicroLink case.

Its the one im using and i can tell you there is so much space that you can have sex in the case with a woman :beer: :D

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

GoingH2o said:
Yeah i can see the T-line :D i was kinda sleepy this mornin

Well from what i can see the rad is in a very awkward position the cdrom bays and where its located are restricting very much the airflow.

If you can move the rad to the bottom right of the case right under the hdd bays.

I know you gonna buy a full-tower case and i suggest you get this SupermicroLink case.

Its the one im using and i can tell you there is so much space that you can have sex in the case with a woman :beer: :D

that indeed is a good lookin case, wonder if i can find it sans psu..... i would like to have the rad in the bottom of the case, unfortunately there is no where down there it would fit, believe me i tried that first, i checked, there's actually a good inch of space between the rad and the drive, air flow thru there is pretty good, and i have an 2 high cfm 80mm bringing cool air into the case, one from bottom front and one under psu ( covered the psu exhaust with a shroud wich directs the warm air up away from the rear intake) system temps being jus barely over room temps i get about the same temps now that i got running the rad outside of the case. i'd like to be able to do a good push pull setup in the bottom of the case, this however will require a much smaller rad or a much bigger case. (preferably a bigger case, kind of a shame as i have quite alot of time and work in this case)

thanx for the tips

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

X2sandman said:
Hey do you know the exact name of the uv dye, i would like to know cause it looks wicked cool. Also where did you buy it?

sure, it's by a company called interdynamics the product is "flourescent leak detector dye" i picked it up at the local advance auto parts store, 2 1oz bottle for just a couple bucks, and i'm tellin ya, it only takes a little bit, you can't even tell i've used any from lookin at one of the bottles.

OP
juliendogg

juliendogg

R.Rabbit said:
uh this may sound stupid, but what the hell is that you've got stuck in you pci slot?

uh... radeon 8500 in the agp slot?
nic card in the pci slot behind the pump
#3&4 usb ports mounted in lowest pci slot opening...

dat's all