• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New card no workie!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

Everything plugged in. Motherboard gives me 5 warning beeps and no screen. The cable coming from my PSU is marked "VGA" but it is 6 pins with a 2 pin tied next to it. I assumed to plug them both in to make it a 8 pin connector. I have re seated the card and checked and re checked the connections. Still not working. It is a MSI Ventus 3X 3060 TI

Solution
I tried everything. I took the card to a local shop and they tested it. It does not work for them either. The card is DOA. Have to send it back. This sucks!
Is this a modular PSU? Is the PSU end of the cable plugged into a PCIe spot and not an 8 pin CPU power spot. Are all cables seated well at the PSU.
Did you double check the Hyper 212 is still seated.

Yes it is a modular PSU. Please what is "Hyper 212"? I will look for different cables to plug in to the PSU. Just have to find where I put them. It is several years old. EVGA Super Nova 750 Watt Gold PSU

Also when it comes to the cables from the PSU, you ONLY want to use the ones marked VGA/PCIE. Do not attempt to use any other cables. You will risk killing the video card, motherboard and PSU.

Also when it comes to the cables from the PSU, you ONLY want to use the ones marked VGA/PCIE. Do not attempt to use any other cables. You will risk killing the video card, motherboard and PSU.
Yes I know. They are marked VGA. The same cable I use for my older GTX980. Replacement card coming tomorrow.
Post magically merged:

you buy it new or used?
New from Newegg. I had to RMA.

Oh oh! Replacement card does the same thing. (5 warning beeps and no signal) Have the old card back in again. I Know all is right. MOBO has the latest BIOS too. Someone said PCIe 4.0 cards will work in my PCIe 3.0 slot. Is there maybe a BIOS setting I have to do to get this thing to work? If not I am out $500

No, the one I sent back went to Ca. The replacement came from Georgia. Possibly my BIOS is version P2.70 I just downloaded version 2.80 but all it says it is for is some CPU stuff

Oh well, worth a shot. Do you have different HDMI and/or DisplayPort cables you can try? The 3060 Ti is going to prefer the newer gen cables. Did it come with a DisplayPort or HDMI?

Back