• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cdrw (on ata card) makes old cdrw (on mobo) disappear?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

axhed

okay so i just installed a pci siig dual channel ata133 controller, it's the only pci card in the machine. previously my setup was:
a7n8x primary ide master - WD 120GB
a7n8x primary ide slave - empty
a7n8x secondary ide master - generic 16x DVD rom
a7n8x secondary ide slave - liteon 48x cdrw

all was good. then i installed the siig card, and everything was fine. then i connected a maxtor 80GB to the siig primary master and everything was good.... then i connected a tdk 40x cdrw to the secondary master and now, my system does not see the liteon drive connected to the mobo. like so:

a7n8x primary ide master - WD 120GB
a7n8x primary ide slave - empty
a7n8x secondary ide master - generic 16x DVD rom
a7n8x secondary ide slave - liteon 48x cdrw (not recognized)

siig primary ide master - maxtor 80GB
siig primary ide slave - empty
siig secondary ide master - tdk 40x cdrw
siig secondary ide slave - empty

not that it should matter, but the tdk40x is sitting on top of the case with an ata cable running out the back and the molex connected to the aux on the back of the power supply.

figures, when i installed the ata card on my old celeron 500 system and tried it with the tdk40x and a tdk16x it worked on the first try.

anybody have any ideas what's going on here?
i'm gonna try and disconnect and reconnect some and be right back.......

[red voice] check the cables dumbass! [/red voice]

uh yeah....... i forgot... i disconnected the ribbon from the liteon trying to squeeze the new HD into a big bay.... all is well... now i'm gonna install a new wd 80GB....

whoops....

Back