• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Community Manager

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
He's going to kick my backside for dredging that photo up off Facebook ...

:cool:

Congrats boss-man!

psionic98, Overclockers is one of his responsibilities, so he'll still be around. :thup:

the best part of the article has to be the picture :) well worth whatever backlash comes your way if i do say so myself!

I'm glad the job at iNet worked out for you. They made a great decision in hiring you; you do a great job for this site, and other sites can only benefit from your hard work and dedication.

I'm hoping he'll be able to be just as active as always, but keeping up with multiple sites could limit his activity on a single site. There's not another active Admin on OCForums...I wonder if we'll see a new red soon to help take on admin duties here...hmm...

Of course he'll be active...he had a job before this one didn't he? This one actually includes OCF in his official duties. :D

I know he'll be active, that's a given. I just hope the other sites don't cut into too much of his time here.

Congratulations, Matt!

We're ecstatic for you and our community! We know iNet got the better deal! -- Paul

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments. Also appreciate those who helped me with my resume. :thup:

To address some concerns... You won't see less of me around here, and when you aren't looking I'll continue doing just as much as always behind the scenes. It is my goal to ensure we are moving in a positive direction that furthers the vision of Overclockers.com. I have experienced many positive interactions in this community that have inspired me. Since before I got blue stars and a "senior member" title in 2004, it has been my driving force to do anything I can to give back. This lead to accepting offers as a senior, then a mod, then an admin... Each time I accepted from the viewpoint that I was taking on additional responsibility. Responsibility to carry on the traditions, and ensure ten years from now this community would still be true to its core values and passing on what it gave to me ten years ago.

My relationship with this community has survived the loss of a pet (In Memory Of Gus), 3 incomplete college endeavors, 3 long term relationships, 2 jobs, 1 new career, 1 lost career, 1 old vehicle, 1 heavy drinking hobby, and countless lovers. ;) A new job won't take me away and I'm not sure anything ever could. :salute:

David, I bet you had a hard time picking between that picture and this one:
burntout.jpg

That's what happens after I.M.O.G. works through the night 3 days straight over a team of 6 techs in a cramped Dallas hotel room with the beds stripped out to make room for tables, completing updates on a hoard of corporate thinkpads (looking back, I really got boned while breaking my back in that old job):
laptops.jpg

cant believe that I havent seen this till today.

Congrats Matt, they know what you are capable of and seems rightly for them to step up and make the time you put in valuable to yourself as much as it is to us.

Back