• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Computer Randomly Freezes and the restart button does not work at that time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mantasarul4982

hey everyone...im new to this forum...im in a real problem with my newly built pc...it has the following specification:
core i5 6500
8gb ram DDR4 [g-skill]
1tb hard drive [western digital (the blue one)]
no gpu
dvd writer
GB-B150M-D3H board

Since the first day i bought it my pc frequently freezes randomly and when this happens even the reset button of the casing decides not to response(sometimes my pc runs smooth for more than a day and sometimes I can't even use it for an hour)...and the only solution to it is to gold press the power button and turn off the computer...this sometimes badly effects the OS...i am using windows 10 and even tried windows 8.1 to see if it was with OS but same thing happened with windows 8.1...so its not the OS...it got to be with the hardware...i thought of changing the power suppy and i borrowed one from a friend of mine but the problem does not seem to go...i badly need a solution guys please help me out what do I need to change in order to overcome this problem...please help me out....thank you!

Have you built the system outside the case?
Bare essentials, laying on the motherboard box.

hey everyone...im new to this forum...im in a real problem with my newly built pc...it has the following specification:
core i5 6500
8gb ram DDR4 [g-skill]
1tb hard drive [western digital (the blue one)]
no gpu
dvd writer
GB-B150M-D3H board

Since the first day i bought it my pc frequently freezes randomly and when this happens even the reset button of the casing decides not to response(sometimes my pc runs smooth for more than a day and sometimes I can't even use it for an hour)...and the only solution to it is to gold press the power button and turn off the computer...this sometimes badly effects the OS...i am using windows 10 and even tried windows 8.1 to see if it was with OS but same thing happened with windows 8.1...so its not the OS...it got to be with the hardware...i thought of changing the power suppy and i borrowed one from a friend of mine but the problem does not seem to go...i badly need a solution guys please help me out what do I need to change in order to overcome this problem...please help me out....thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Nope... Ask the stuffs are inside the casing always... I don't think it's the heat because once the system froze at the window loading time....but why?

When the system loads, the CPU is under stress so it still could be temperatures... Have you seen what your max load temps are?

That said, sounds like a bad HDD to me.

I would eliminate a grounding issue by building outside of the case as ATM suggested, and if you still have freezes, start troubleshooting other things.

Could also try testing the RAM I've had bad ram do something like this to me before.

Hey all.
Sorry for jumping this old thread, but i have this exact same problem with exact same hardware.
searched for solution on Google and this thread jumped.
Thread opener, did you find what caused it in your case?

Hey all.
Sorry for jumping this old thread, but i have this exact same problem with exact same hardware.
searched for solution on Google and this thread jumped.
Thread opener, did you find what caused it in your case?

Have you tried everything we suggested to the OP?

Get a different PSU to test with, that one seems to be pretty terrible...
Where are you buying from? We can recommend some.

Is there a particular website we should use? I'm not familiar with the PC market in Israel.

Back