• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU Burn-in

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ronin1967

I am going to install a new CPU that I intend on overclocking. I thought about letting it come up to speed slowly, perhaps keeping it at default(FSB, voltages, etc)for a few days then up'ing things slowly.

What are everyone's normal routine?

Rcoe

I usually run at default speeds with timings maxed out for a couple weeks. Either run prime95 or [email protected] during this time. I found that after doing this for a couple weeks the memory and cpu loosened up a little.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i push mine right to the edge.max fsb ,then max it out with the multiplier. only highest recommended vcore tho. mine is 1.85 max

i then run prime95 a few days.helps a little i think but its alot of work with small rewards.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
run it at the highest speeds you can stably...and then run prime/folding for a few days...then up the speed, and do it again...put your voltage as low as you can...and still have it stable..this will enable the highest overclock, and low vcore

toddalaska

Registered
turn it up all the way , crank up the vcore and let her ri[.

find the highest settings you can run p95 and run it.

99% of the time the highest you can go when its new is the highest you can go when its burnt in.

mine does 2340 mhz outta the box and after a week of p95 it still does 2340.

if i burn it in for a month it wil still probably do 2340