• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU Cooler for delidded 6700k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alcsi69

Hey guys!

So I've just delidded my 6700k, and I achieved a nice -20C (before delid the max temp was 88C, after delid it's 68C in prime95, 4.6GHz 1.332V):
I'm now using an Alpenföhn Matterhorn Rev C Black cooler with the stock fan which comes with the cooler.

Do you guys think if I'd buy a bigger/better cooler (I'm thinking about an AIO too) I'd achieve even lower temps or it will not be noticeable?

Probably, but..............what is the point? A couple hundred Mhz if you are lucky? You still have temperature headroom. You will likely run into a voltage 'limit' (keep these under 1.4V) before temps, but again, is buying another $100 cooler worth 100 Mhz or so?

Yeah well I didn't really experiment with higher overclocks after the delid, but I think 4.7 or 4.8 maybe achiveable. I pretty much like how this cooler looks, but the stock fan on it is just horrible, it has a really interesting noise sometimes. Maybe buying 2 higher static pressure fans would be a better idea right? :)

Cool thanks!
Do you know black and white or white led (my rig's theme is black and white) fans that are good for heatsinks around 15-20€? :)

corsair has some decent white led fans. i dont remember the models off hand tho.

I have BitFenix Spectre LED PWM fans on my rad. They are pretty good fans for sound quality. They're aren't the best of the best out there, but for the money I'd buy them again. They make them in White and Also White Led.

Back