• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

Upgraded my P3-S 1.26 to a 1.4 and running 151 FSB with no problem. That should improve my times by a few mins on my main box. I'll benchmark it later this week

Come on - you can do better. I was running close to 1600 with the first 1.26 that hit the market. Surely the 1400's can do a little better with some effort. Hop on it! ;)

Runs windows no problem up to 159 FSB but have to slow down memory timing. 151 FSb is best mem. timings and 155 is 3-2-2

i'm currently running @155 to test cpu stability

isn't there a wire trick for unlocking the tualatins ?
you just connect some of the pins with a wire
a quick google search should bring it up
then you won't hafta worry so much about yur mem not handling the higher fsb
just up the clock mult a few:D :cool: :beer:

The wire trick is for voltage and making tualatins run on older BX boards. You can't unlock any Intel chip, period. I wonder if you would have better luck with the Abit ST6?

SETI is all about memory bandwidth and my memory wont go any higher on this mobo with aggressive timing without errors. Maybe I would get a little higher on another mobo but what I really need is some good memory. I've tried infineon, corsair, kingmax, OCZ, generic micron but the crucial is the best performer. Planning to get a stick of mushkin rev3+ soon otherwise I cant find any other good quality SDRAM anywhere.

anybody got anything laying around?

Back