• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW CS 2/Source footage!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

You know, you think they might revamp gameplay or add more elements to the game but CS still looks the same. Valve is just lazy as hell, and looking at CS:CZ I can see that I shouldn't have expected much. Shame on you Valve, shame.

Flashfx2

Is the new version of counter strike coming with Half life 2 or do you have to pay extra for it?

Odie812

"Summer."

Well, he's fired if he's wrong! After all, we have his name :)

Anyway, I like the reconstruction of the maps. In the other video we only saw Aztec, but in this video, maps like dust look especially exciting and impressive. While they will probably have the same similar layout, the Source engine and CS:Source will probably change the game just enough that it won't feel exactly like it is now.

For example, this video confirmed what I hoped would be true in CS:Source: the ability to move objects around, such as furniture. We see how the terrorist moves the table and chairs in front of the door to create a blockade for the CT. This is a whole new realm of strategy, methinks.

Oh, and the sounds, models, and animations look WAY cool! :attn:

CS:Source looks to be exciting indeed

Odie :)

twump

Lat said:
codec packs != good

i'd go with this one instead:
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe
it's the 'Standard DivX Codec(FREE)' - ie. no spyware

i think you need to reread the description of the free divx codec. it is the only one with spyware which they openly advertise on the download page.
you do realize that "ad supported" mean spyware right?

Lat

twump said:
i think you need to reread the description of the free divx codec. it is the only one with spyware which they openly advertise on the download page.
you do realize that "ad supported" mean spyware right?

here's a little image i made:

Attachments

• divx.jpg
    divx.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 205

radium

It's just now that those photoshop skills are starting to pay off lat :D

I just got the codecs off of oni's site, but now the links are out of bandwidth! :mad:

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Lat said:
codec packs != good

i'd go with this one instead:
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511.exe
it's the 'Standard DivX Codec(FREE)' - ie. no spyware

Yuck.

That, and The Codecs has not just DivX, but several other codecs included.

It's like this: You get a movie encoded in say, Xvid. You only have the DivX codec. Now, would you rush out and go download an independant codec, or wouldn't you rather install them all in one shot?

Codec Packs > *

Gregory_WE

"error 400: Bad Request" on 1st
"The page cannot be found" on 2nd

Looks like they're down now?