• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI Expert scrare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very strange.... won't boot at 200fsb (ddr400) with the SAME EXACT RAM SETTINGS however it works much better 1:1 at 260 (ddr520) any explanations as to why this sucker with the same volts and same settings will run 260 but not 200... i am pretty sure i killed my sli-dr thinking it was that, when this stick is doing the exact same thing it must have done in my sli-dr.... how do i trouble shoot a stick that will boot at 260, not at 200, pass memtest, but have a hard time working with my other stick?

And my other stick does all that plus goes into windows at stock lol...

Well i am getting some new results?!?

One thing I find is that the good stick can do everything great it just seems to work, but the bad stick is very picky... I can get it to work under some very strange conditions....

1. CPC command rate has to be disabled and set to 2T...

2. I can get the bad stick into windows with 1T with drive strength of 7 and data strength of 4 but its not stable... usually dies in first few minutes

3. I can't get into windows with both sticks and 1T regardless of drive strength and data strength

4. with cpc disabled, drive strength 7, data strength 4, I can not only get the bad stick to boot into windows stable, i can seem to get both working stable...

5. the good stick does not mind cpc 1T on its own...

These effects seem to be similar to a problem i was having earlier, and there is a link to that thread earlier on, but i never was able to pinpoint the ram as the problem, i was lead to believe it was my sli-dr which was dead (which it may not have been till I got impatient with a power supply = fry + smoke)

when CPC is set to auto the spd table must be enabled 1T for this ram, because it won't boot with optimized defaults, but if i just change command rate it will still boot (not that stable) and if i change the command rate to 2T and the drive strength and data strength to 7 and 4, well I can prime95 run her as i am doing now at stock

Is this stick in a semi dead state? It almost seems like that... works but not like its supposed to...

Back