• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new Doom ]I[ screenshots from E3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Perre

ffs...why couldn't they just leave out those flying heads :(

A major gamespoliler if you aske me....

Flashfx2

Is it just me or do those flying heads look really really bad. It's not even close to being an oval and the textures just look like crap IMO.

Neco

Yea..the Lost Souls ("flying heads") suck imho.. They should have at LEAST based it off the original look. It was much better.

I hope the imps make a return, and actually look like some hairy ape beast too, this seems like it is turning out a little too-much scifi from the screenshots I've seen.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Flashfx2 said:
Is it just me or do those flying heads look really really bad. It's not even close to being an oval and the textures just look like crap IMO.

The game's not even released yet, and your're already saying the textures look like crap. :rolleyes:

I'll be waiting in line for this game :)

Edit: And I'll say it now: Alpha talk is not a welcome subject here. Keep it strictly to what's been released to the public legitametly

Zim2411

I WANT!!! But i need a new video card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN MY GEFORCE 4 MX! DAMN IT!!!!

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Half of those screenshots are from the previous E3.

The Lost souls do look like crap, they should have kept the horned skull from the orginal doom.

Ottoman

meh..
not that great...the old screenies looked better these new ones made it look worse...

but i'll prob play it anywho, just to see what all the hype is about...

but i think that other new soldier game comin on the cryo engine or whatever will be better than this

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
personally i think doom 3 is overhyped, im not gonna expect much in the way of gameplay. Sure the atmosphere will make it scary in some places but its a space marine shoot em up fps AND it holds the doom name, how indepth of an original story can it have?

sure ill buy it but im not expecting anything more than unreal 2 with multiplayer with this one

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I'm not going to buy it for the deep rich dialogue or engrossing plot. If I want that, I'll play Splinter Cell. I'm buying this game because

a) It's being released by iD, so it's not going to suck
b) Mindless killing
c) To scare the crap out of me (/me is glad he bought his Sony headphones :))
d) 'cause it looks pretty.

It will be a phenominal game. I have no doubt about that. It will look and play great. I know this, 'cause it's being released by iD. Can any of you name a game that iD has released that sucks?