• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new Doom ]I[ screenshots from E3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oni said:

The game's not even released yet, and your're already saying the textures look like crap. :rolleyes:
Yes I am, why and shouldn't I? at hardocp's website on the doom 3 benches it says "John Carmack has described the demo we used as a random code drop from a recent build of DOOM 3 and he believes it to be representative of the final game in a performance sense." To me that sounds like the graphical end of the game is done.

And even if they do change, I'm talking about what they look like NOW. He posted about screenshots from E3 so I commented on them. What's so wrong with that? A lot of people are saying how cool they look so why not harp on them? I mean the game isn't done yet right?

DaveSauce said:
Doom III is being created MAINLY so game makers have a new engine to work with. I'm fairly certain that everyone is getting tired of the Quake III engine....and I bet id is getting tired of liscensing it out, heh.
Would you get tired of counting your paychecks? :rolleyes:

They are making it to get BIGGER paychecks to count :p

All that aside, if they simply said "This is our new engine and we just want to show what it can do" I wouldn't mind so much. But it has been mentioned that it's supposed to have some sort of story and things of that nature. As for the new imps (URK!).

In the end there will really be no way to tell until the game itself is out on shelves.. I'm not looking for a super long slugfest with dialogue every 3 steps, but if they can at LEAST put ourt something with 3 Episodes like the original I would be content that I got what I paid for.

I think DOOM3 is going with the Half-Life style of progression, where it's like one big continuous world.

I've also heard HL2 is going to be a LONG game. One site said "12 chapters about 3 to 4 hours each." I don't know about that, but we can hope! :D

I have all ready reserved my copy, you should too. Five dollars down and you know you you have it on release day.

GJ new_novice good find thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Back