• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Drive = Stop Error 0000007b

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shill82

I got a New 80Gig Western Digital Hard drive today so I installed it and installed windows XP on it. However when booting windows Xp gives me a stop error the hex value it generates is 0000007b. The drive seems perfectly fine and I can work around it by disableing my primary slave drive in bios. It still appears in windows even though it is disabled in bios but I 'd like to get it running a little less jerry rigged. Also if it helps I have the 80gig in two seperate partitions of 50,000mbs or roughly 46gigs and 31,000mb or roughly 27gigs. If you have a solution please help me out.

Thanks
Shawn

Search around on Microsoft.com's support section. When it crashes again, write down a little more information. When the machine has restarted, look at the error log in the Event Viewer and then see if the direct link in the log can take you to any useful information.

Back