• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Eheim broke!!??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redken

Hi guys!
I don't own one yet but since I have seen how much the eheim 1250 is recomended here, I recomended it to a friend of mine that is was going to use it for his water fountain. After just 5 months the little "stick" the impeler goes on top of broke:eek:
Is this normal for this pumps? I'm asking cause I was going to use one of these for my future setup ( still in the learning/info gathering stage) but I don't know now.

Never heard of that before.

Sound to me like the person removed the end cap that secures the impeller axel (or stick as you said) in place. I imagine the pump would function like that but would probably later break.

Just a thought.

Sounds kinda odd to me, seeing as I have been running my 1250 now for well over a year with no probs. Most the time mine runs 24/7 unless I'm moving the case.

Does he have his intake line filtered? Is it cold there? It sounds like something solid was sucked into the impeller, and the sudden stop broke the shaft. It may not still be in the impeller housing, but ejected into one of the tubes.
If the pump vibrated from the start, that may have worn the shaft too.

I do believe that if you search, you can find replacement parts for the pump without too drastic an effort....or one of these gents here may suggest a place.

Thank you for the replys

It would be grate if anybody would suggest a place to buy the replacement.
Diggrr: I will ask him if he has his intake valve filtered ( I think so but I'm not sure) and it is not cold here we have tropical weather.
What will_maltby said got me thinking, he said the pump stopped working that's why he opened it to see what it was, Can it be possible to brake this part while opening the pump?

If the shaft is white and looks like plastic, then yes. It would be a ceramic, super hard, yet quite brittle and easily snapped when bent sideways.

I'll google some and see if I can find parts...

*edit* got one, Dr.s Foster and Smith, good reputable place....LINK
Halfway down, the impeller should include the shaft already assembled...

Back