• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Firefox 1.5 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rseven

Thanks for the link. I just installed it. Looks pretty much the same, but I'm sure they made some improvements.

anon1

rseven said:
Thanks for the link. I just installed it. Looks pretty much the same, but I'm sure they made some improvements.

What are the improvements though? I want to know if it is worth the time to download. :D

OP
itshondo

itshondo

A couple of my extensions that I previously had installed don't work any more, but this new version seems to be much faster.

I did find a very cool weather extension, Forecasfox - you can check it out here -

http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/

Here is a pic of my installation-

Click for larger image-

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
i'm about to go back to 1.0.7, this new firefox 1.5 is buggy... i've had the quality feedback agent appear several times over the past couple of days.

the older firefox rarely crashed. oh well.

NoVA iS SiCK

Registered
Since this thread was revived...I USED to be an avid firefox user, but being that I leave my rig on all night, I like to keep my browser open to remind me off what I was doing when I left it...and that is way to inconvenient with the memory leaks in firefox. Hasn't been addressed since 1.0. That's ok though, I'll stick to my seemingly bug free IE7 beta.