• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New gaunlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm confused, it seems the stats are being calculated by (Ending Total Racing Team CPU Time - Starting Total Racing Team CPU Time)/(Race WU's) -- not the other way around as was previously stated.

Also, doesn't calculating in this way mean that the "race" actually has nothing to do with actual production... its just whoever has the fastest computers? So now we should shut off all our 500mhz k6-2's sitting in the corner to win the gauntlet?

And if this supposedly eliminates sandbagging problems... then why was there this rediculous rush to start the race with no warning?

This is dumb, if I were on a team by myself I would be winning!

v8vega350 said:
i think its just a race to see how many wu's can be done not how fast they can be done

Apparently not. Check LWD_TOMaxwell's posts and the stats page he linked. We are winning with fewer work units.

We had no advance input into the way this gauntlet would be scored, nor did we even have much advance notice that it was starting... all of the sudden its "we need your list by tomorrow mictlan!"

iam in

got 1005 Wu accoriding to SETi - berkley.

Name (and URL) MrGuvernment
Results Received 1005
Total CPU Time 1.085 years
Average CPU Time per work unit 9 hr 27 min 23.3 sec
Average results received per day 6.00
Last result returned: Sun Jun 15 19:14:48 2003 UTC
Registered on: Mon Dec 30 08:32:53 2002 UTC
View Registration Class
SETI@home user for: 4019 hr 05 min

i am on the lis thought already so i assume i am in :)

can i join up? i just upgraded to a barton and am running 2385mhz :-D

Edit : seti name is Ryan (206th)

Last edited:
Well this is the updated list.

If you do not find yourself in......this is the very last chance you've got ;)

Position SETI nickname Forum Nickname
1 The Two Norsemen
2 hallen
3 Gary a.k.a. LandShark LandShark
4 TC TC
5 bd
6 Norrko Norrko
7 Cyklopz Cy
8 Chad Kiser
9 racecar12 racecar12
16 KenCo
20 FRANK
23 Wookie8662
24 Just shoot
25 The_wiizzard
26 rogerdugans rogerdugans
28 Skyhook Skyhook
31 Jamng Jamng
32 none1 none1
33 Go3Team
42 {PMS}fishy
46 nicolas costes
50 The Four Horsemen
51 Paradoxmaker Paradoxmaker
56 Cary Stone
61 Morpheus... Morpheus
64 Demont & M_Arishnakoff Demont
66 Turner
67 Mike Stairs
74 Fibreoptic/Markodude Markodude
75 Lîn-çhî Cúchulainn
76 Mictlan Mictlan
77 Deez Deez
81 DanFraser Admiral Fraser
88 Puffy Puffy
97 Burning Phoenix Burning Phoenix
103 SpeeDj : Dual XP1600@1900+ Zoom
106 jazztrumpet216
110 Murphy XP1800 from Holland still in the race
125 Filter Filter
129 bodezafa
131 v8vega350 v8vega350
137 SS69nova
162 Gravity Man
166 PsyChoPAtHiC RYdAs
168 Taloah
169 Jheizer
192 GT2000
196 Stryfe
199 codeman05
200 John_LA John_LA
206 Ryan Thoth
215 August West
230 eaglescouter eaglescouter
240 vodka314
262 AMD Extreme Team
269 jokrswild
302 skab skab
329 MrGuvernment Mr. Guvernment
337 Diu
345 aftermath
348 Illah
351 iparout
352 ShAdY
415 Booger
494 Danish Jedi-Alliance Dk Jedi Alliance
647 rugbyroy rugbyroy
764 Lynxen
859 Northern-Star
1101 CPFitz14
1119 Maloso

Sorry for the delay, but I was not inline during this one ;)

Okay, so on the TPR stats page it looks like placement is based on total work units completed, but on the LWD page it looks like its still based on work unit times... which one are we actually going by??

Burning Phoenix said:
I don't know either but i did notice i have the highest score for wu's/hour being .4795

hah, don't worry about it. LWD's scoring system is stupid for this reason... our team would benefit from you leaving the competition... how much sense does that make.

for now I say we just go by whichever team has the most work units, because that is simple and effective. that is how TPR's stats are scored and thats where I will be watching the race from.

crunch on and so forth.

[edit] it seems LWD did at least change their calculation to show hours per work unit (as LWD_TOMaxwell said originally), instead of work units per hour. however, this is just the same problem with a different number. :-/

There's going to be several categories in this race , so expect that we follow rule number one: HAVE FUN

So far the categories will be:

Most WU
Most CPU hrs
Lowest CPU average

Maxwell is working in the stats to reflet all this categories and more, so keep crunching guys and gals we will try to get some fun in this last dance ;)

WOW!!! I just saw this thread on the top of the page!!:D I totally fogot about this:) Crunch Guys!!

this race is weird

so we dont benifet from w/u's but fast computers correct?

edit: just read that there is going to be more then one scoreing

Mictlan said:
There's going to be several categories in this race , so expect that we follow rule number one: HAVE FUN

So far the categories will be:

Most WU
Most CPU hrs
Lowest CPU average

Maxwell is working in the stats to reflet all this categories and more, so keep crunching guys and gals we will try to get some fun in this last dance ;)

So those categories will all be equal for the purposes of the race or what? That would be fun I suppose. (If we can manage to take them all!)

Well there are several categories, all of them tracked with the same numbers ;) so if we manage to move some seroius WU power in here with ur top of the line crunchers, we'll manage to get every category :clap:

when i look at the Stats, the Overclockers at Place 2 by overall WU, but by CPU Speed at Place one, close behind the Planet..

So that give a goot Race which Team has the fastest CPU time here.

so keep on the good Work.

regards
Sir Ulli

Back