• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New graphics card and boost in ISP speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MainEvent

Registered
Well today I just got myself a new BFG Geforce 6800GT OC video card and when I went to download the drivers for it, my internet speed was going so much faster than it normaly does...and I have no idea why, could the new graphics card have had anything to do with it? Im almost certain that it wasnt running this fast before. Mabye this sounds like a stupid question, but I dont know of anything else that could have caused this dramatic change in my internet speed.

Bios24

Unless something was terribly, terribly wrong a graphics card has nothing to do with raw bandwidth/internet speeds. Only way it could have seemed faster is if maybe you had a really old video card running on No drivers/VGA drivers. Of course even that wouldn't effect download speeds.

OP
M

MainEvent

Registered
Well thats odd then, I wonder what could have caused the change...mabye the ISP upgraded or something?

DManeKid

MainEvent said:
Well thats odd then, I wonder what could have caused the change...mabye the ISP upgraded or something?
yeah that's very possible.. (and more logical of course -_-)

months ago in my area comcast upgraded everyone (they raised their standard package speeds, so you get more bandwidth at the same prices) from 3mbit dl's to about 6-7mbit (ranges depending on your area) and my eyes lit up O_O