• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New GTX 960 ---No GPU available

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junebug

So I decided to buy a GTX 960 to up my folding output. I've used GPUs in the past (4years ago) but have not used one with the recent client. So We 9Gulp35 is visiting) installed the card and drivers and it runs fine. Display is being driven by it out of the box. But when we try to configure the client, it can't see the card. we tried changing the slot number, but that did not help. Also tried killing client and restarting...No Joy.

So any guidance what might be the problem. We checked and we do have a gpu.txt file that is non-blank.

Thanks for any help here!

Junebug

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the advice. I did try that but it did not help. I deleted the client, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled...started right up! Cranking along at 110kppd!

Appreciate the response!

junebug

the folding software is less than perfect.
sometimes a reboot will get it to pickup the card and sometimes you have to just start all over..........

Back