• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Half Life 2 Screen Shots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I'm waiting until next year (probably summer) for the next major upgrades, whatever's best at the time. Hopefully an all new pc. :)

Not really looking forward to the singleplay. As I was never really into any singleplay. What I like is multiplay and the MODs. Maybe there will be new counter-strike, day of defeat, teamfortress, firearms, etc. based on the new game engine? Just replace the graphic engine will be good. I like the physical systems in those games. They are all different. Unlike all the MODs in BF1942, they are all using the same physical system. Still feel like the same game, but different player skin, weapons.(not saying they suck) Just don't feel like play a different game. The MODs of HL do make me feel like different games, and I like the way they are. All they need is to replace the graphic engine with the HL2.

Originally posted on this very Half-Life 2 thread that was started by Lazlo Panaflex and to which I am responding to.

vortal_pic_114940.jpg

THAT HAS TO BE PRERENDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GONNA BE AWESOME!.....in 6 months. the wait is really dissapointing. i'll be playing Doom3 and duke nukem forever.

actually i was right about that screen shot, its in the december issue of PCGAMER (pg 84) :p

Want game NOW !!!

Whats a christmas season WITHOUT the best game of the year to play.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

All I can say is that I'm very disappointed with Valve for not coming through with many of their promises. If they can't keep their promises why make them? It only makes it worse when they feed us all this propaganda on the game and it isn’t even close to release! I hope this does not become another TF2. Look what happened they never released it and now the engine is too old. Sorry guys I’m just letting off a little hot STEAM! I, mistakenly, believed that Valve would actually release the game on time. I guess my belief was wrongly. Till then I still have my Half-Life crowbar!

I'm sure Half-Life2 is going to be a great fun game but... The screen shots don't look anything better than Unreal II. The tripod thing in the background has pixelization problems on it's legs. In fact, looking at anything with a fine line in these shots has that problem...(The needle on the weapon, the trees, the light pole.) Some features on the those flying space ships look funny too, I think you call that "Anti-alasing" or something like that?

I am still going to buy the game first thing because I like the first one. The thing is the graphics look the same as what is already out there. Hopefully the multiplayer in this game will rock because I hate the exxagerated, cartoon like graphics of Unreal Tournament 2003.

You guys are all acting like it's coming out next week or something with all this excitment. It's still AT LEAST 4 and a half months away. In addition, Tommy's right, the game really doesn't look all that much better than games nowadays. The real difference is the way things move in the game and the "shine" effects like light off of a metal sheet or something.

At any rate, the game will probably be good, even though I thought HL1 was pretty crappy. It's another FPS. I've lost all excitement for this game since it was supposed to come out almost a year before it's current release date. They probably never had it done, and just wanted to keep us all excited, so they said their release date was sept, then dec, even though it was originally set for april or may next year.

Whatever. And yeah, I've seen those pics a while ago...

The second one is not new, as I saw it in PC Gamer a few monthes ago.

The other two I am yet to see.

TommyHolly said:
I'm sure Half-Life2 is going to be a great fun game but... The screen shots don't look anything better than Unreal II. The tripod thing in the background has pixelization problems on it's legs. In fact, looking at anything with a fine line in these shots has that problem...(The needle on the weapon, the trees, the light pole.) Some features on the those flying space ships look funny too, I think you call that "Anti-alasing" or something like that?

I am still going to buy the game first thing because I like the first one. The thing is the graphics look the same as what is already out there. Hopefully the multiplayer in this game will rock because I hate the exxagerated, cartoon like graphics of Unreal Tournament 2003.

i recommend that you take a look at the e3 video, rather than some compressed jpg. HL2 looks amazing. To be so picky as to find problems with "AA" is just pointless. Everygame as AA problems, even when running at 16x FSAA. To diss the games graphis is pointles. Read up on source it does amazing things like frenzil effects for water.

You guys are all acting like it's coming out next week or something with all this excitment. It's still AT LEAST 4 and a half months away. In addition, Tommy's right, the game really doesn't look all that much better than games nowadays. The real difference is the way things move in the game and the "shine" effects like light off of a metal sheet or something.

Amino, ill take it you have not seen the E3 video as Dausex said. The source engine is incredible and far beyond any games out right now. People are not excited for this game because of the new "shine" effects and the way things move. Watch the E3 video and join the revolution, but if you didnt like the first one why bother with the second.

I liked the first one. I bought the expansion packs too. Although the first HL could not hold a candle to the original Unreal Tournament.

I think the table will change. The new Unreal (Tournament at least) is not impressive. I actually prefer the older one still. I have been playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory lately. That game so far is the most addictive FPS I have ever played.

I'll take a look at that video. I hope the engine rocks.

HL absolutly owns UT. They dont even comapre. plus if you add in all the great HL mods you definatly know which game is better/most value for youre dollar.

This is strictly preference but i dont think HL and Unreal Tournament should be mentioned in the same sentence. Unreal Tournament was fun multiplayer game while HL was the first (IMO) story driven fps to make a huge impact on the gaming community, not even mentioning mods.

Besides wasnt Unreal Tournament release considerably later than HL?

yeah it was, but HL i think had waaaay better mplayer with TFC. Plus you add ind DoD, yes even CS ( i hate that bloody game) and you end up with a game that completely owns UT. Though assualt mode was soooooo cool. Still it dosent have half the single player HL does.

Back