• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here-quick question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrDon

I'm getting ready to buy a P3 700 for my old Abit BX6 rev. 2 motherboard. I haven't kept up on my computer business lately and am wondering the best bang for the buck heatsink/fan combo for my slot 1 P3 700. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone!

Don

OP
D

DrDon

jeff_harrison_344 (May 21, 2001 09:11 a.m.):
I would say the best bang for the buck would be the FOP32

Does the FOP32 come in a Slot 1 version?

Phil

no it is not slot 1. For slot 1 the best heatsink is the Global Win VOS 32+ it is a huge beast, you could fit a 120mm fan on it which would be cool, for instance the 135cfm ys-tech 120mm :) how good would that be.

W

William

Phil (May 21, 2001 06:17 p.m.):
no it is not slot 1. For slot 1 the best heatsink is the Global Win VOS 32+ it is a huge beast, you could fit a 120mm fan on it which would be cool, for instance the 135cfm ys-tech 120mm :) how good would that be.

jesus, that has to be one big sucker. Alpha has a very nice slot one cooler too, can't remember what the number is, but the PEP66 is just half of it.

ken257

The top OC boards available now are all socket. I would suggest getting a socketed cpu and use a slocket adapter for flexibility in the future. A PEP would do a nice job as a cooler for that combo.