• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New i5 2500k gaming build, first time builder. Need advice please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yet I had issues with that when I had my ultra 120. ( with the corsair vengeance ram) tbh the long fins on the top are retarded. Really annoyed me. Sent them back and got some corsair xms ram with low profile heatsinks. Either send it back if you want to upgrade to 16 gb anytime soon, or take a plyer to the fins :p

Hey guys,

Sadly I've been unable to get my hands on my MOBO and CPU yet.

Waiting for microcenter to have both instock.

Once they are ill be buying them and ill have everything I need.

So this will be my final specs once MOBO/CPU is purchased:

CPU: i5 2500k
MOBO: Asrock z77 extreme4 or extreme6(which ever is in stock at the time)
HD: Seagate 1tb 7200rpm
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB
GPU: EVGA 460 Superclocked
RAM: 8gb (4gbx2) G.skill Ripjaws
CPU COOLER: CM hyper 212 evo
CD/DVD Drive: Lightscribe cd/dvd combo
PSU: 750w OCZ 80+ bronze Modular
Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black

Like i said before, I have everything but the CPU/MOBO so far. I have the money set aside for it. Im just waiting for microcenter to have both items so I can take advantage of the low price on the i5 2500k and the combo deal with the MOBO. I was really hoping to have this build done already, but I guess ill wait :(

Thats it for now, peace

Alright good news! Ive put together my build. All thats left is to load windows7 onto my ssd. I went with a 90gb corsair ssd for alittle more space.

Next time I post on here it will be from my new build :)

Ill have to wait until after work to install windows so ill be doing it later on tonight

Greetings from my new build! Everything is working great so far, no complaints at all. My current boot up time to windows log in screen right now is about 7 seconds or so, maybe quicker. Great results so far. Ive been done with everything for awhile but i went ahead and jumped into some gaming to test out the gtx 460 lol

Only issue im running into currently is with my mouse. Its a Razer death adder, the old 1800 dpi version. I went online and update the drivers and firmware, but now its dying after the update. It was perfectly fine before the update, so im not sure whats happening here. Im going to uninstall everything and see what happens.

Anyways, next up, most likely tomorrow, ill be getting into some slight overclocking and testing out stability at different multipliers.

i still have the death adder alive. have you tried using it on diff. machine without installing the driver ?

I went ahead and uninstalled all drivers this morning and it has been 100% perfect ever since

I also went ahead and overclocked alittle, up to 4.2 for now. Doubt ill need to go any higher

Greetings from my new build! Everything is working great so far, no complaints at all. My current boot up time to windows log in screen right now is about 7 seconds or so, maybe quicker. Great results so far. Ive been done with everything for awhile but i went ahead and jumped into some gaming to test out the gtx 460 lol

Only issue im running into currently is with my mouse. Its a Razer death adder, the old 1800 dpi version. I went online and update the drivers and firmware, but now its dying after the update. It was perfectly fine before the update, so im not sure whats happening here. Im going to uninstall everything and see what happens.

Anyways, next up, most likely tomorrow, ill be getting into some slight overclocking and testing out stability at different multipliers.

PICTURES!

lol you guys are right, someday ill push it higher but not yet lol

Ill put up some pictures soon, i recorded video of me putting everything together, but not sure if ill put those up at all

Back