• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel CPUs details

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgv115

They will be released very soon and I have some info on them:

Core i3 530

2 cores with Hyperthreading (4 threads)
2.93GHz/4MB CACHE/LGA1156

Core i3 540

3.06 GHz/4MB CACHE/LGA1156

Core i5 650

3.2GHz/4MB CACHE/LGA1156

Core i5 661

3.33GHz/4MB CACHE/LGA1156

Core i5 670

3.46GHz/4MB CACHE/LGA1156

All are 32nm based

Brutal-Force

I was gonna say, if they had turbo, those would make great gaming chip replacements even for the E8600s.

That would have met something like (Assuming the 670 had a 20 Multi) that you would have 173 Bclk, which could Very Easily be Raised to say.... 220 if it DID have turbo and it WAS 24 Multi that would kick in at at 5280 MHz That would have been too good to be true. :(

At that speed It would have made an awsome gaming computer.

Hey Zeus

I was gonna say, if they had turbo, those would make great gaming chip replacements even for the E8600s.

That would have met something like (Assuming the 670 had a 20 Multi) that you would have 173 Bclk, which could Very Easily be Raised to say.... 220 if it DID have turbo and it WAS 24 Multi that would kick in at at 5280 MHz That would have been too good to be true. :(

At that speed It would have made an awsome gaming computer.

I3 530 trading blows with an E8400

http://www.hardware.info/news/ymicl5qSwpyaapY/Intel_Core_i3_benchmarks_appear/

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I'm fairly sure the Core i3 will have Turbo, but does not have Hyperthreading. Core i5 will have HT (the "main" diff between i3/i5).

Brando

I'm more interested in the 1366 i7 930. 4400mhz at 200bclk anyone? Yes please!

Hey Zeus

I'm fairly sure the Core i3 will have Turbo, but does not have Hyperthreading. Core i5 will have HT (the "main" diff between i3/i5).

It says I5 but it has the same specs as the I3 540... 23X multi, 3.06ghz

02365876.jpg

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I'm confused, is someone saything that's supposed to be a Core i3 in that screen? The mutli is probably low either because of BIOS or because it's ES (at least my 32nm ES defaults to 23x unless I set it higher). I think there are too many confusing ES screens floating around. Retail won't be the same and I don't think any retail 3.06GHz i5 Clarkdale slated. If it was, it would likely be a 640 and just haven't heard about anything with that number ;)

I thought I was going to have a 670 today, but no joy. Local brick & mortar store has all Clarkdales in stock, but due previous issues of selling a couple days too early, they are being strict on it this time :(

OP
J

jgv115

I assure you guys that these are real ( I hope) my friend works for an IT distributor so he gets every thing a few weeks early, that's how I got my i5 a few weeks before release

Hey Zeus

I'm confused, is someone saything that's supposed to be a Core i3 in that screen? The mutli is probably low either because of BIOS or because it's ES (at least my 32nm ES defaults to 23x unless I set it higher). I think there are too many confusing ES screens floating around. Retail won't be the same and I don't think any retail 3.06GHz i5 Clarkdale slated. If it was, it would likely be a 640 and just haven't heard about anything with that number ;)

I thought I was going to have a 670 today, but no joy. Local brick & mortar store has all Clarkdales in stock, but due previous issues of selling a couple days too early, they are being strict on it this time :(

Ross,

The 540 BETTER have HT or i'm returning its ***. :bday:

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I assure you guys that these are real ( I hope) my friend works for an IT distributor so he gets every thing a few weeks early, that's how I got my i5 a few weeks before release
Of course they're real, just saying what's in the list above doesn't jive with what I've "heard" last. I'm assuming it's a old copy of leaked release info. The main thing is that i3 will not have HT. As for the CPU-Z above, that is not a Core i3 and there is no retail Core i5 3.06GHz listed anywhere. The default speed/multi shown is strictly because it's ES/BIOS defaulted it there.

Ross,

The 540 BETTER have HT or i'm returning its ***. :bday:
:) It will be interesting to see what retail holds since there is so much different info floating around out there, but be prepared to return it :D It would be nice if I am wrong (it happens), but I am 99% sure the major cost difference between 5x0's and 6x0's is HT, just like Lynnfield 7x0's have no HT and 8x0's do. If Core i3 and i5 both had HT, they are essentially the same procs with noticeably different price points, no? :eh?:

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
ross,
i just did a bit of looking and im not sure when you last heard about what for i3/i5. i did find this though that shows HT to be on i3's.
http://www.techspot.com/news/37140-...tional-details-about-upcoming-processors.html

the interesting part is that Techpowerup's cpu database doesnt show the i3's to have HT as a feature...
http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/666/Intel_Core_i3-530.html
http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/666/Intel_Core_i3-540.html
hmm well this is interesting, none of the cpus with HT are shown to have it on techpowerup's cpu database
http://www.techpowerup.com/cpudb/#Intel
you will notice some cpu's i havent read about for LGA1156... those being the S variants of the i5 750 and i7 860, having a 82watt TDP.

Hey Zeus

Of course they're real, just saying what's in the list above doesn't jive with what I've "heard" last. I'm assuming it's a old copy of leaked release info. The main thing is that i3 will not have HT. As for the CPU-Z above, that is not a Core i3 and there is no retail Core i5 3.06GHz listed anywhere. The default speed/multi shown is strictly because it's ES/BIOS defaulted it there.

:) It will be interesting to see what retail holds since there is so much different info floating around out there, but be prepared to return it :D It would be nice if I am wrong (it happens), but I am 99% sure the major cost difference between 5x0's and 6x0's is HT, just like Lynnfield 7x0's have no HT and 8x0's do. If Core i3 and i5 both had HT, they are essentially the same procs with noticeably different price points, no? :eh?:

Ross,

If you google Core I3 540 and click "Shopping". This will come up on ZZF...

INTEL BX80616I3540 Core i3 540 3.06 GHz Socket 1156 Desktop Processor
Intel Core™ i3 540 Processor 3.06 GHz, 4 MB L3 shared cache, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (dual-core with 4 threads), NEW with Intel HD Graphics at 733 ....

Link to ZZF is still down but thats what gives me hope. :cool:

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
Ross,

If you google Core I3 540 and click "Shopping". This will come up on ZZF...

INTEL BX80616I3540 Core i3 540 3.06 GHz Socket 1156 Desktop Processor
Intel Core™ i3 540 Processor 3.06 GHz, 4 MB L3 shared cache, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology (dual-core with 4 threads), NEW with Intel HD Graphics at 733 ....

Link to ZZF is still down but thats what gives me hope. :cool:

A typo leading to rumors running wild. As Ross said, even logically speaking, there's no reason why an i3 and an i5 would be the exact same thing.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
A typo on both 540 and 530 ads?
Like anything, there's a lot of copy/pasting when making those descriptions and going by something in a cached description for something they haven't sold one of yet isn't exactly confirmation ;) There are things all over the place that say i3 is 2/4. I've seen all the same ones you have I am sure, so no need to post them all here. Until I see it that it says "Hyperthreading" on a retail 540 box or better yet, 4 threads running on one, I won't believe it :p

When are these supposed to be released? Any recent info on pricing?
Thur. this coming week. Most places probably already have stock. My local shop has all of them, but won't sell before official launch :( Pricing info bouncing around seems pretty accurate from what I got today. They will be selling the 540 for ~$145 and the 670 for ~$285 (only 2 that I asked about).

I should've asked to at least see the 540 box to see if said HT on it :beer:

These should be ballpark prices:
Core i5-670 $285
Core i5-661 $200
Core i5-660 $200
Core i5-650 $175
Core i3-540 $145
Core i3-530 $125

Hey Zeus

Like anything, there's a lot of copy/pasting when making those descriptions and going by something in a cached description for something they haven't sold one of yet isn't exactly confirmation ;) There are things all over the place that say i3 is 2/4. I've seen all the same ones you have I am sure, so no need to post them all here. Until I see it that it says "Hyperthreading" on a retail 540 box or better yet, 4 threads running on one, I won't believe it :p

Thur. this coming week. Most places probably already have stock. My local shop has all of them, but won't sell before official launch :( Pricing info bouncing around seems pretty accurate from what I got today. They will be selling the 540 for ~$145 and the 670 for ~$285 (only 2 that I asked about).

I should've asked to at least see the 540 box to see if said HT on it :beer:

These should be ballpark prices:
Core i5-670 $285
Core i5-661 $200
Core i5-660 $200
Core i5-650 $175
Core i3-540 $145
Core i3-530 $125

Worst case i get stuck with one for a day till friday when i get paid and can order the 650 :bday: