• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New intel upgrade 6core Overclock results after 6 years on a 4core p6t deluxe v2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryantt

Well after 6 years or more on a [email protected] 24/7 i decided to upgrade to a better cpu on the same p6t deluxe v2 so i bought the x5675 1366 socket and i got it up to 4.6 ghz prime and normal use stable ...i will post results and pics ..

Keep in mind that iam in florida hot weather :):D cpu3.jpg cpu4.jpg

920 @ 4.4 =662 cinebench r15 water cool custome swiftech idle temps 40c prime load 75c 6hrs
[email protected]=957 cinebench r15
[email protected]=1060 cinebench r15 water cool custom swiftech idle temps low 20sc prime load high 50s c 6hrs
[email protected]=11.8 cinebench 11.5 "
"

Nice!

Skylake at 100 Mhz faster is a hair slower. Seems like a solid upgrade assuming you need the cores and not per clock performance. Well done! :)

thanks earthdog according to this video
3930k stock is 958 cinebench not 1095 like it shows there
5820k stock is 1065 cinebench so iam very happy with only $150 upgrade

I was talking Skylake 6700K, a quad core :). http://www.overclockers.com/msi-z170a-sli-plus-motherboard-review/

I agree that was a nice upgrade if your work is core heavy (im assuming you are rendering because you use Cinebench to measure performance). If it couldn't use more than 4 cores, then your best bet would be to upgrade totally as, per instruction, its the same speed.

Yes i do use the extra cores especially for game name fsx 80% is cpu and 20% gpu :)

I didn't know that game scaled over 8 threads... interesting!

I would love to see a modern comparison between the 6600K(4c/4t)/6700K(4c/8t)/5930K(6c/12t)/5960X(8c/16t) at the same clocks and see where it actually stops scaling (if!). :)

It is curious to me that you are using a rendering application to test performance in games. I am not sure they are comparable due to how games work versus cinebench. So you may see huge gains here, but that won't translate, equally, to gaming and additional FPS.

I am curious to see a before and after empirical testing. :)

this is with a 5820k @ 4.3ghz

Ou56Ot3.png

Thats a beast man but did not want to go with a hole new system yet just want it a 6 core upgrade maybe in a couple of years.. i did had that cpu in mind and the 5930k :)...i just order the 980ti extreme gigabyte..

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know that game scaled over 8 threads... interesting!

I would love to see a modern comparison between the 6600K(4c/4t)/6700K(4c/8t)/5930K(6c/12t)/5960X(8c/16t) at the same clocks and see where it actually stops scaling (if!). :)

It is curious to me that you are using a rendering application to test performance in games. I am not sure they are comparable due to how games work versus cinebench. So you may see huge gains here, but that won't translate, equally, to gaming and additional FPS.

I am curious to see a before and after empirical testing. :)

well man just by changing the cpu fsx gave me a dif from 27fps to 41fps :) using fsx benchmark

First off, 4.6 on gulftown is awesome. What voltages are you running for core and especially the memory controller (uncore)?

Gulftown responds beautifully to voltage... problem is they like to degrade. If you give the uncore 1.5v they're amazing... but they fade and die after about 7 months. Hopefully others here have more info on that?

On the other hand when you can pick up 6 core 1366 procs for $100 on ebay, ehhh maybe who cares. And it's not like you're running Rosetta@Home on it 24/7 like I am heh.

First off, 4.6 on gulftown is awesome. What voltages are you running for core and especially the memory controller (uncore)?

Gulftown responds beautifully to voltage... problem is they like to degrade. If you give the uncore 1.5v they're amazing... but they fade and die after about 7 months. Hopefully others here have more info on that?

On the other hand when you can pick up 6 core 1366 procs for $100 on ebay, ehhh maybe who cares. And it's not like you're running Rosetta@Home on it 24/7 like I am heh.

Thanks man iam super happy with this cpu right now ...vcore is 1.42 i know i can go maybe 4.8 but iam happy at 4.6..what iam doing is when iam using the computer i have eist off4.6ghz @ 23multi then when i go to sleep i turn eist on and it sleeps at 2.4ghz @ 12x multiplier using i7 turbo gt which can control eist from windows my comp is 24/7 on .. later i will stress test and lower the vcore slowly and see whats the lowest for 4.6..running a a xspc rad 4 noctuah 120mm 3000 rpms but have speed fan controlling them by temp at idle and games 40% i cant hear them then for stress prime goes to 60% barely hear them ..had 4 120mm koolance 108cfm 5.4 static pressure 32dba fan before and they work great but because they are 3 pins not pwm couldn't group them and control speed from cpu header so i had to buy noctuahs 4pin pwm..

Sooo... I just had a fun moment. And I honestly hope other current/former Gulftown owners can chime in here. Online I always read that running over 1.35v for QPI/VTT (on Asus is that listed as QPI/DRAM Core) was a BAD thing for Gulftown.

Except when I went to go check what the voltage was named, on my Gigabyte X58A-UD3R I apparently some point in the past had set it to 1.415v. It's probably been like that for more than 7 months. Since I'm typing this on that machine it's not dead. This is also a 24/7 Rosetta@Home machine so this isn't "light usage"

So errr, maybe Gulftown isn't as fragile as I thought.

So much for my warning! lol

Muddocktor had a Gulftown on Rosetta for a long time, but he's disappeared. Always wondered what settings he used. Anyone else on overclockers to give stories on Gulftown in 24/7 use?

But yea, ryantt. A 4.6 Gulftown is old-school beatdown. She might be old, but... she does the business. Especially 4.6. Man I want some voltage stories, I'd be happy with 4.4 but I'm too chicken to goose uncore any more.

I just wanted to add. The problem with socket 1366 these days is any motherboard worth anything is stupid expensive! You can get a 6 core/12HT xeon for $100, but the friggin board will cost you $350 on ebay. =(

good thing i didnt sell my RiiG stupid cheap in the classies like i was thinking about doing. just got a X5660 and will be on air, i doubt i get much over 4ghz on air with what i got, think its the U12P (or other U12 model forgot which one and dont have the box anymore.)

What are some of your advanced voltages? CPU pll, CPU clock drive, etc?

I'm hitting a MHz wall around 4500 where the vcore required to get my x5660 stable skyrockets. For some reason I had 700mv CPU clock drive when the default is 800mv. Fixing that helped. I haven't played with the others too much though.

Back