• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Laing D4 (aka. MCP655) Results Summary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So Cathar,

How does this pump fit into your ranking of water pumps? Or atleast, how does it fare vs. the pumps you tested in the thread over at ProCooling? I did some estimating myself to see if I couldn't maybe figure out on my own, and I came up with this pump looking to perform very similar to the Iwaki MD-15 @ 50hz. EDIT: Especially after I went back and reworked the data based on Cathar's measured head pressure.

Based on my superimposing the P-Q curve for the MCP655 over your graph of the other pumps and matching the values as closely as possible, I came up with the following (I also made a few assumptions on C/W numbers, but tried to approximate them based on similar performing pumps that you have values for already):

(EDIT: Changed numbers to reflect Stew's measured head pressure of 4.1mH2O)
MCP655 - flow rate: 6.8 lpm, Rad C/W: 0.041, WB C/W: 0.165

Performance - WB delta: (100w) 0.165 = 16.5C, Water dT: (100w + 21.6w) 0.041 = 4.98C, Total CPU Temp: 16.5C + 4.98C = 21.48C

This puts it right smack in the middle of the MCP600 and MCP650. Cathar, could you confirm/deny these numbers?

Last edited:
Back