• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Laptop for School

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedracer 64

I need a new laptop for school. I am a architecture major and spend most of my time using AutoCad along with other design programs. I found this refurb on Ebay sold through Toshiba and it seems like a good deal. I'm not really sure though and wanted to see what everybody thought of it. Whatever I do get I will put a SSD running Windows 7. Let me know what you think about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-15-...17461695?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item35c9b6b7bf

If you 're running Autofcad and other heavy software, make sure that your laptop have a lot of RAM, 8gb is medium, 16gb is good
That laptop look ok to me, not very good but it will do if you don't have the fund.

How do I determine what ram to put in it?

Look up the laptop specs with google. It is almost certainly ddr3 if it is a newer motherboard. Most laptops take 2 so-dimms, but check the specs. Buy the biggest dimms you can. I like kingston and others with lifetime warrantys, though I have last had a problem with memory I bough in 1996.

Back