• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Looking for input on build in progress

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MagesticApe

Registered
Im getting the CPU and cooler in a week or two.It's going to be a dual boot system Win 7 home on the 1TB and a Linux (haven't decided which distro yet) on the 500GB. I'm getting the graphics card in April or May. Anyhow how much ocing am I able to get with the parts I have bought and selected (reasonably)w/o going above mid 50s Celsius at 100%. Any Input on a Linux Distro I have used used Ubuntu and Fedora before Im aiming towards Ubuntu though. Oh and the CPU cooler is going to be in a push /pull config pusing air out the rear exhaust.

Last edited:

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
which cooler are you getting? the temps you get will be different in different locations. the only way to really know the temps is to test in your environment.

OP
M

MagesticApe

Registered
I plan on getting the Cooler Master Hyper 212 plus w/2 2000rpm fans doing push/pull out the rear exhaust of an antec 1200 im aiming to get pretty close to 4ghz