• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New machine on the farm ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuietIce

Disabled
Well, after starting up my fourth machine this morning I suppose I'm actually running a "farm" now. It's just a truck farm but that's OK - I just can't resist playing with computers, ya' know? :D Two of my machines share a VKM interface - not exactly headless but kinda'. Those Belkin units are great!

This seems as good a place as any to list my current SETI crunchers and I'll keep it up-to-date as the farm changes:

Area51 (the new rig): FX-55 @ 3.0 GHz (this computer name will eventually be a 2500 Barton w/a new name for the FX)
QuietIce (main rig): Opteron 180 @ 2.7 GHz (boosted to 2.8 GHz for racing :burn:)
Ductworks (aka Picasso): X2 4400+ @ 2.6 GHz (water cooling and a new 165 Opty are on their way)
Toybox: 2100+ and the only non-OC'ed machine on the farm. The PCI is not locked so I'm kinda' stuck :-/

QuietIce crunches 1000-1200 credits/day depending on Einstein (10%)
Ductworks produces ~1100/day
Toybox has been running ~150/day (also depends on Einstein)
As a WAG I'd say Area51 (named for the case) will produce ~600/day but we'll see.

Man am I glad power is cheap in Missouri ... :)

Last edited:
Nice systems you got there QuietIce. 100% AMD farm, really nice :)

^^ you probably mean credits/day not WU/day on those estimates right. Coz 1200WUs per day seems a little too much :=)

Last edited:
Hamm3r said:
Nice systems you got there QuietIce. 100% AMD farm, really nice :)

^^ you probably mean credits/day not WU/day on those estimates right. Coz 1200WUs per day seems a little too much :=)
DOH! Yea', it's credits/day ... LOL

Wow, nice stuff QuietIce :D Show us that AMD Powah! I can't wait to get back into SETI.. just gotta get the money ><. Hopefully an OCF race will spark it for me.. *nudges eaglescouter*

Careface*

Congrats on the farm other good news looks like the power companies over here are about to have a pricing war one company has cut there electricity price by 11%

Yeah, nice start on a farm, QuietIce. I started my farm with a few computers with folding and then my competitiveness and love of tinkering with different setups led to to expanding to a total of 9 machines (counting my laptop). I now have 5 of my machines switched over to Seti and I'm having a blast watching my progress through the ranks. :D I'll probably switch my last P4 system over to Seti too, since it doesn't do too well on points any more with the F@H project. From what I've seen, P4's still do well with processing Seti wu's.

Yeah P4 are still good for Seti, since we don't have any "bonus" WUs here, Seti gives you credit by counting flops so on proportionally slower system you will get proportionally less credit.

Vento1 said:
Congrats on the farm other good news looks like the power companies over here are about to have a pricing war one company has cut there electricity price by 11%

Now migth be a good time to add something to the farm! :attn: :burn:

It's not so much that four machines equals a farm (a very small one) but that their are two machines not being used by anybody that are just sitting here crunching SETI. It's a start ... :)

Ah ok... I hear you... We got four going here but two are on with the knights who say Ni (that is buddies two machines and he's not an overclocker)... Thinks it ruins accuracy...

Back