• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member looking to get help assembling first WC Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rkhettry23

This is posted in the welcome thread, but through it might get a bit more attention if I started my own thread.

=============

Hi everyone. New to the site, but was wondering if anyone in the NJ/NYC area would help me assemble my high end gaming/everyday machine? Willing to pay by the hour but also looking to learn. I've never done a water cooled loop and I bit off a bit more than I can chew per se. Here are some of the components I'm working with.... Im located in Northern NJ but can get into NYC fairly easy.

1. Caselabs SM8 Case White
2. GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 9
3. Core i9-7900K
4. Dual 1080ti's
5. EKWB Watercooling parts (2 large res, 1 pump/res combo, etc)

image1.jpeg

Sorry for the rotated photo but that's what I've got done so far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hiya and welcome to OCF!!

Awesome case and components! Unless someone feels otherwise, you don't need that 2nd reservoir.

Fear not.. I know the first time can feel a little daunting but it's pretty straightforward and easy (even I can do it so anyone can).

That said...am pretty confident that I could work with you over the phone or via skype to get up and running.

Please read through some of the threads here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/628092-The-Ultimate-Water-Cooling-Thread as well as http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/653729-The-Water-Cooled-System-picture-thread-v2-0. They'll help you A LOT.

Once you've consumed those, you might feel confident enough to give it a shot yourself. :) If not, I can give you a quick walkthrough to get you going then you can call me if you need help or run in to issues.

Where in NJ are you? Would you be willing to drive down to Matawan one Saturday or Sunday? My weekends are pretty booked for the next month or so but, if you're not in a big hurry, could help you get set up. Think you'll be great with reading those threads and a quick phone call or 2 but, worst case, we could get together to finish things off.

Please post pics of all your fittings so we know whatcha got to work with before you start. If you don't have a couple already, you definitely want 2 of these: http://koolance.com/dual-video-connector-black-adjustable-1-slot-spacing

Good luck!!! Keep us posted and load up some pics. Also...what kind of tubing? Please tell me not hard line stuff. :/

PS- Would a senior mod please move this thread to the watercooling section?

Last edited:
Hi everyone and more importantly thanks funsoul for all that reading material. I tried to read and absorb as much as I could. I've come to realize I really just don't have the time/experience to get this rig up and running in a reasonable amount of time. I'm open to having someone just take over and complete the build. I have the design/color themes etc figured out but would like to just hire someone to actually finish it up.

@funsoul I'm about an hour north of you but could absolutely drive it down and leave it for a few weeks. I'm worried I might not have all the random parts, fittings, etc to complete the job in one day. I just need this build completed ASAP. PM me if you still want to persure this job.

Thanks everyone!

Glad you had a chance to read through some of the other threads. Although I could make time for a couple phone calls, between work and family commitments, there's no way i have time to complete your build (I actually still have 3-4 builds to do).

If you're willing to ship everything, you might want to reach out to TechTweaker to see if he'd be willing. Known him for years and he does great work.

Sorry I can't take care of it for you, just don't have the time these days :/

If you was in Vegas I'd charge $50 an hour for 8 hrs the first day, 6 hrs the second day, and 4 hrs the third day. And then I'd have to drain it and protect all the parts on the inside for shipping, another 4 hrs. Then ship it back and hope it makes it. Prolly another $200. With no warranty. Worked when it left my house.

Then you would spend a day+ filling the loop and bleeding it and checking for leaks. And you don't know how to do that.

Soo, IMHO, stay with air cooling.

^Hey bud! You're back! Hello from Manu2b ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone and more importantly thanks funsoul for all that reading material. I tried to read and absorb as much as I could. I've come to realize I really just don't have the time/experience to get this rig up and running in a reasonable amount of time. I'm open to having someone just take over and complete the build. I have the design/color themes etc figured out but would like to just hire someone to actually finish it up.

@funsoul I'm about an hour north of you but could absolutely drive it down and leave it for a few weeks. I'm worried I might not have all the random parts, fittings, etc to complete the job in one day. I just need this build completed ASAP. PM me if you still want to persure this job.

Thanks everyone!

Grab a top end air coler, and call it a day!... Until next day! When you'll be ready for the watercooling part! ;) No hurry, no worries bud!

I concur with everyone here. You need to take your time, no matter how long it takes, to build the the watercooling loop the correct way. If you can't find the time, or don't have the time, to do it right, then it's a better idea to get a good air cooler and be done. This way you can use the pc and when you do have time to spend on the loop, go for it.

If you choose to have someone else do the work for you, you will not be happy with the results as it will not be the way you like it. You will always find a fault with it.

Or IF you must have Water Cooling, get a AIO kit. The last thing anyone wants after installing a custom loop, is a leak that kills something. (Video Card, Motherboard, Ram, PSU, Ect, Ect.)

I would doubt the OP is going to spend more money on an AIO when he's already spent a fortune on the custom setup with hardline. That's why we suggested going the cheaper route with an air cooler.

Either take your time and do it yourself OR get a air cooler or AIO OR since I believe you're in or near the NY area, call up Modmymods (Rochestser, NY) and have them put it together. I'm sure they'll knock it out of the park.

Back