• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new member question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have found it varies, I tried one from my MOBO disc and it did what you mention but the one direct from intel didn't

XTU is performing mixed tests, some are 1 core, some are 2, some are all available ( so 4 in your case ). It's normal it's not working at all cores during all test. However if CPU load is going down too often then something isn't right. This is weird but I can't find clear reasons of that. Sometimes when you see that XTU is performing worse than expected then you have to reinstall/refresh OS as it's faster than searching for issues.

Yes, it's been around 14XX score at 5.2ghz. My top score is 1731 but I haven't been able to get even close to that again. And the test seems to take forever.

Could be some instability with CPU or ram. Pushing a bit too hard.
IMO XTU is just an effed up bench to begin with

I think my NVME issue may also have been causing some havoc. I'll run the bench again this morning when I get home using my SSD instead of the m.2 nvme

Mr. Pierce can you please list your system in your Signature? It will make it much easier to help. Sorry I don't remember what you're running. Thx.

Edit: Sorry, Missed page 3. Either way it will help in the future.

Yes sir. Ill put that back in there right now Mr. Blaylock.

- - - Updated - - -

And, I think I botched the windows OS install again :D. I had one run of 1735 in XTU, and now Im back in the 1400's. But, I did improve my wprime 32m from 4.3 to 3.988.

For xtu search for, final lite cleaned by sas net. Download the newest 32 bit and give that a try ;). Watch out for updates, know that can be a problem if your connected to the net. Aside from that fast ram and tight timings are your best bet.

x265 use their 64 bit version. I also have another tweak but the runner up to my score is to close to risk posting it. Ill post it after comp ends. You can pm me if you want it now.

Also I like to kill explorer.exe.

Wish I had seen this thread sooner.

For xtu search for, final lite cleaned by sas net. Download the newest 32 bit and give that a try ;). Watch out for updates, know that can be a problem if your connected to the net. Aside from that fast ram and tight timings are your best bet.

x265 use their 64 bit version. I also have another tweak but the runner up to my score is to close to risk posting it. Ill post it after comp ends. You can pm me if you want it now.

No worries man! I didn't know you were a member here :)

I just got some new stuff together, so I'll see if I can better my scores here and maybe get into the top 5 at least. I have a few hours still to move up.

And you must have PM's turned off? It won't let me send you one.

Back