• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Member Welcome Mat !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello all overclockers,

I just setup my rig. This rig is setup for normal usage. Totally no games involved. But I want to make it nice with all the RGB and stuff.

GIGABYTE GA B450M AORUS ELITE + AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO LED 3200MHZ CL16 ( 8GBx2pcs )
CRUCIAL P1 SERIES 500GB NVMe M.2" SSD
CM MWE 550W 80+ GOLD PSU
CORSAIR 280X WHITE RGB T-GLASS

Hi everybody!

This is my first post to the Forum, and the reason I actually joined here was the Folding@home project, as well as the Curecoin and FoldinCoin initiatives. However, it seems that the latter (FLDC) is dead...

Registering for FoldingCoin, however, a possible Overclockers ID is asked.

Do you have any further information on the future of FoldingCoin, or alternatively, are you going to coop with the Curecoin?

Cheers!

-

A old newbie, retired after 43 years of work and loving life :)

I've put together a new system, mainly for photography/image processing but have found it is really good for flight simulators lol

I've built my own systems dating back to the early 90's but for the last 5 years just bought off the shelf desktop/laptops so out of touch with over-clocking.

I'd like to do some light over clocking to get to a good, but stable, position for maxing out the frame rate on the flight simulator I play with so here I am :) Let's face it we are all curious what our systems can achieve !

I've failed at the first hurdle as I can't even find the place to edit my forum signature (sorted now) so hopefully it's ok to cut and paste the spec into here.

Stay safe
Kev

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 4.9Ghz
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro H115i Addressable RGB PLATINUM water cooled
Motherboard: ASUS Intel Z390 ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO AC WiFi 9th Gen ATX Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3000 MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Storage: 2 x Seagate 4TB BarraCuda 3.5" SATA HDD
Video Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB DUAL OC GPU
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE Tempered Glass Midi PC Gaming Case
Power Supply: RM850X 850W Gold Modular PSU
Monitor: BenQ 32" 4K UHD Monitor

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums Kev, and welcome back to the craft!

That's a hell of a rig you build for "photo processing" LOL. My guess is that a 2080Ti with a 9900K would be able to handle any flight sim you through at it, though that would highly depend on what resolution you are gaming at. At any rate, what you are looking far are the following links.

nVidia GPU Overclocking - This guide is severly outdated and is due for an update, however, the fundementals are the same. The only difference is now most GPU manufacturers include their own software for overclocking. Just go to the ASUS website and DL thier OC tools.

3 Step guide to overclocking your Haswell - Your Coffee Lake CPU will overclock almost identically to this Haswell guide. The truth is Intel hasn't really changed much for several generations now. They are due.

Good luck and don't me shy. If you have questions feel free to post them in the appropiate sections.

Welcome to the Forums Kev, and welcome back to the craft!

That's a hell of a rig you build for "photo processing" LOL. My guess is that a 2080Ti with a 9900K would be able to handle any flight sim you through at it, though that would highly depend on what resolution you are gaming at. At any rate, what you are looking far are the following links.

nVidia GPU Overclocking - This guide is severly outdated and is due for an update, however, the fundementals are the same. The only difference is now most GPU manufacturers include their own software for overclocking. Just go to the ASUS website and DL thier OC tools.

3 Step guide to overclocking your Haswell - Your Coffee Lake CPU will overclock almost identically to this Haswell guide. The truth is Intel hasn't really changed much for several generations now. They are due.

Good luck and don't me shy. If you have questions feel free to post them in the appropiate sections.

Thank you very much for the guide links, they'll be a good start for me. By photo processing I mean timelapse processing of 100's of raw images, or astrophotography where 100's of images can be stacked or processing Gigapixel 360 panoramas so the computer does squeal sometimes lol.

Just tweaked the cpu to 5.0Ghz and ran some baseline benchmarking and get 13,700 in 3DMark (Time Spy) and 5090 in CinebenchR20. Temperatures are mid 50's so some overhead to play with probably.

regards
Kev

Are you using Cinebench for the stress test? If so try something a bit more stressful like Prime95 or AIDA64.

Are you using Cinebench for the stress test? If so try something a bit more stressful like Prime95 or AIDA64.

Prime95 with small FFT selected. This programme was my 'go to' programme for killing 386 chips back in my youth lol. I'm using 3D Mark and Cinebench to get a feel for performance improvements

Kev

Hello hello! Not really new but I forgot the login to my old account and its been a long time so I made a new one! Anyhoot, just a furry gamer girl who is A+ certified and currently going to college, in my CEIS101 course right now.

Hello hello! Not really new but I forgot the login to my old account and its been a long time so I made a new one! Anyhoot, just a furry gamer girl who is A+ certified and currently going to college, in my CEIS101 course right now.

:welcome:

Drop in the Mod Hotline and post a thread, I'm sure we can find it somehow and merge the two accounts for you so you can keep that history.

Hello everyone
I'm new but I'm basically an old member (I forgot my old username since I wasn't active in OC for a while)
Have a nice day and good luck in buying "good" parts of HW ;)

Hello everyone
I'm new but I'm basically an old member (I forgot my old username since I wasn't active in OC for a while)
Have a nice day and good luck in buying "good" parts of HW ;)
Welcome...

See the post above yours for information on how to get your account back. ;)

Hi There,

I've been around computers about 40 years :) I'm into system building and thought I'd register here.

Thats it :)

Back