• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Members Post here,...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi everyone! Just joined the F@H team, username is: Reverie8086
I've been using Process Lasso on my e-cores since the day I purchased my 13700k and was trying to think of a better way to utilize them. They typically run iCUE, Discord, Firefox, Afterburner, G.Skill RGB, and Steam's webviewer executables. Now they run F@H too!

I've been using Process Lasso on my e-cores since the day I purchased my 13700k and was trying to think of a better way to utilize them. They typically run iCUE, Discord, Firefox, Afterburner, G.Skill RGB, and Steam's webviewer executables. Now they run F@H too!
Welcome to Team 32, as you will find out GPU's are where it's at these daye, not that CPU's can't be uesed they just don't return as many points. We all will help with any questions you have.

:welcome::welcome::cheers:

Welcome to Team 32, as you will find out GPU's are where it's at these daye, not that CPU's can't be uesed they just don't return as many points. We all will help with any questions you have.
Thank you! I did some testing in the last hour or two and quickly noticed that fact, haha.
My secondary rig gets 440 pts/hr on the CPU - 32,000 pts/hr on the GPU.

Since it's winter where I live (Northeast US), I typically run a 1200W space heater for most of the day. Instead of running the space heater, I decided to try running F@H on the following devices:

13700k / 6900 XT (both undervolted, 350 W total system power draw)
T440p Lenovo (4th gen i7 + GT 730M) (45 watts, undervolted)
HP (coffee lake U-series CPU, 13 watts)
4770 (non-k, stock, 45 watts) / GTX 980 (undervolt, 135 watts)

In total it's about 600 watts for all devices and it's definitely getting things nice and toasty in here, likely won't need the space heater during the day!

Thank you! I did some testing in the last hour or two and quickly noticed that fact, haha.

Since it's winter where I live (Northeast US), I typically run a 1200W space heater for most of the day. Instead of running the space heater, I decided to try running F@H on the following devices:

In total it's about 600 watts for all devices and it's definitely getting things nice and toasty in here, likely won't need the space heater during the day!
Welcome to the team :welcome: I too live in the NE. It's nice to use the waste heat from the computers to heat the house (y)

Get a passkey from F@H for bonus points, also have the CPU finish and just use the GPU, you will get more points.
As for heating the house, I have 11 GPU's (2 GTX 1080, 2 RTX 2080, 6 RTX 3080 and 1 RTX 4090) :)

Get a passkey from F@H for bonus points, also have the CPU finish and just use the GPU, you will get more points.
As for heating the house, I have 11 GPU's (2 GTX 1080, 2 RTX 2080, 6 RTX 3080 and 1 RTX 4090) :)

Thank you! I removed the CPU slots from my systems.
I did have one question: is it possible to get integrated intel graphics functioning for F@H?

I did a quick google search and the results from 2018 stated there's no Intel GPU support. It would be pretty nice to have IGP acceleration for something like this.
(Also WOW! That's a little over 3000 watts if you're running those card stock)

Thank you! I removed the CPU slots from my systems.
I did have one question: is it possible to get integrated intel graphics functioning for F@H?

I did a quick google search and the results from 2018 stated there's no Intel GPU support. It would be pretty nice to have IGP acceleration for something like this.
(Also WOW! That's a little over 3000 watts if you're running those card stock)
Yes that's a lot of heat, I have to run the AC year round, at the time of this reply it's 46F in the small town I live in and if I turned the AC off it will get hot in here :)
As for Intel Graphics support I don't know.

Yes that's a lot of heat, I have to run the AC year round, at the time of this reply it's 46F in the small town I live in and if I turned the AC off it will get hot in here :)
I hear that. it's 22 in the small town i live in and I just closed the last of the windows. Don't think Imma have to even fire the boiler. What's gonna be bad is I plan to try and keep the fleet underway when it warms back up. it gonna get hot lol.

I'm really curious, I don't know very much about the best hardware for folding. Which architecture is currently better for folding? RTX 4090 or the 7900 XTX?

It’s been some time since i folded but do they still require a cpu core per each gpu work unit?

It’s been some time since i folded but do they still require a cpu core per each gpu work unit?
On my two computers I have tried folding with both my GPUs and CPUs folding, and also testing just folding on my GPUs and no CPUs.
I have found that just folding on GPUs yields much better PPD.

Not new guy—but long enough to inquire here (I remembered how to use the search tool 😅🤣)

So—to maximize PPD, do I:
A) let the client run both CPU and GPU as is
B) run both, but try to keep two cores open (x1 for the GPU and x1 open for general use as needed
Or C) no CPU only run my GPUs?

Back