• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory for Asus P4C800-E rev. 1.xx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murphyld

Hi,

I have an Asus P4C800-E mother board & Pentium 4 3.2EE that currently has a mix of value ramm(4*512MB=2GB).

I've started using this old box for Folding@Home. I'm going to buy some new RAMM (2*1GB) and I have narrowed my selections down to either Kingston HyperX or OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum XTC.

From what I have read in various forums the Kingston HyperX usually works right out of the package. The OCZ forums seem to indicate a lot of problems and the typical response from OCZ tech support seems to be use timings closer to the Kingston modules.

To me it would seem that the Kingston is the best choice but I would like input from people with more experience. In the future I MIGHT get a water cooling kit for the CPU and see about upping the clock speeds up to something more radical, beyond what the Asus jumper-free settings offer.

Any observations, thoughts or recommendations will be appreciated,

Thank you and have a good day,
Murphy

After post thoughts:

To clarify: DDR1 @ PC3200

OCZ = OCZP4002GK
Kingston = KHX3200K2/2G

The current mix of value ramm is OC'd to 220 FSB. the CPU is OC'd to 3.52 using the stock BIOS OC settings @ 10%.

Back