• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Monitor sugestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ecthellion

I'm looking to upgrade my monitor, i currently have a dell u3011 and want to upgrade to something 4k, i was going to wait until they had the bugs iron out on oled technology to upgrade but that seems like its taking forever. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good 4k monitor with gsync technology, those monitors seem to have really nice picture quality. any thoughts/info would be greatly apreciated. thx

Gsync is kind of unnecessary for the price it comes with imo.

I have seen a gsync enabled and disabled side by side of the same exact monitor driven by two titan-x's in sli, and didn't notice any real difference between the two for gaming.

But who an I kidding. I use an old asus ips 1080p 60 hz monitor and a cheapo 1080p LG ips monitor through HDMI on a regular basis.

I have this monitor, and I came from a Samsung U28D590D (UHD, 28"). As far as picture clarity, I hardly notice a difference.

I highly recommend this Pixio, as it's actually running the same panel as some of the higher end Asus ROG monitors (in the 27" range). The colors take some adjustments, and the stand kind of sucks, but it's Vesa compatible and the colors are easy to fix. The stand isn't actually terrible (my Samsung's was, wobbly as hell), but it's by far not the best.

What video card do you have? Can it drive a 4k monitor? You really want nothing less than a 1080, but better a 1080ti to play games on it..

How about creating a signature with your hardware so we can better help you out. :)

I have seen a gsync enabled and disabled side by side of the same exact monitor driven by two titan-x's in sli, and didn't notice any real difference between the two for gaming.
wow...both gsync and freesync most are easily able to see the difference...

My eyes must be getting worse then. I couldn't see a difference. It could also be that my friend didn't properly set up gsync, or had both enabled/disabled. Fact remains the same, i didn't see any difference.

Back