• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi all,

I just got a new UR55 ( which I am ), monitor from Samsung which I mirror from my Chromebook. Its great After learning that surveliance is possible VIA inserting a camera into the said monitor ....how can I counter this or check if a surveillance device is installed on my monitor, AFAIK there is no obvious camera hole on the monitor ?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Sorry... what are you asking? If someone, after production, slipped a camera in your monitor????!! :shrug: :tinfoil:

Perhaps you should link the article which claims this is happening/happened. If the specifications from Samsung say it doesn't have a camera, it doesn't have a camera, bud.

I think you're being a paranoid android. :)

OP
Berne

Berne

Hi, I was watching Spycraft on Netflix about surveillance at govt level and it was mentioned that this occurred frequently in the past globally. The only way I guess is to physically take the monitor apart. The speakers in the film are fairly well read on the subject .

tRidiot

Premium Member
You're not that important. Neither am I.

<edit> Bottom line is, your cell phone is a much better tracker/listener/spy device than any monitor camera, vaccine implant, etc.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
Look I am sorry I was watching you I'll stop.:eek::chair::facepalm:

you really shouldn't eat food at your PC...:eek:

You're not that important. Neither am I.
<edit> Bottom line is, your cell phone is a much better tracker/listener/spy device than any monitor camera, vaccine implant, etc.

Dear lord...that is just what we need the nuts to think....
:(

Last edited:

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Hi all,

I just got a new UR55 ( which I am ), monitor from Samsung which I mirror from my Chromebook. Its great After learning that surveliance is possible VIA inserting a camera into the said monitor ....how can I counter this or check if a surveillance device is installed on my monitor, AFAIK there is no obvious camera hole on the monitor ?

All good advice welcome,

Berne

What are you doing that would make you a target? Are you just trolling us? Did you get the monitor from a questionalble source? I see in your profile that you are a subject of the Queen. Are you doing something to **** her off? If doing illegal activities... just stop. Otherwise we (you and I) are not that interesting.

Edit: My quick google search didn't show anything.

Last edited:
OP
Berne

Berne

Hi,

My activities are of no interest to the powers that be, I was just scanning the guru' here on the subject ( little as it appears to be ) many thanks .

Berne

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
What I have seen on this monitor tells me that you picked a good one. I hope it works out for you.