• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new nf7-s overclock need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigemike

Ok here is what I have so far, I put in my barton 2500 and two sticks of mushkin pc3200. With stock speed settings the computer boots fine, but when I adjust my multiplier and front side bus I just get a long repeating beep with no post. I think it is a memory issue but how can I test or what slots should the memory be in to take advantage of the dual channel. Any help would be appreciated. also in the bios looks at the chip and sees a 1100mhz chip 11x 100 is that normal) I have bios 16 on the board and my memory is in banks 2 and 3 those are the two by the front of the pc with the bigger gap between them. I am just going by the manual anyone with pointers, I really want to overclock this thing.

Thanks
Mike H

Dissolved

Few notes:
Bartons have issues with the nf7 rev1.0~1.2 only a 2.0 has the offical nf2 200fsb chipset.
You need to update your bios. it sounds like you have rev1.2 so ull need at least bios18 to get the board to fully run right.
And when running Dual channel memory its best to test each dimm to there max FSB to make sure one isnt a dud.
Good luck with the new stuff.

OP
bigemike

bigemike

Right now I have it at 10 X 221 with the voltage at 1.825 I put the memory at 5/4 taking it to 333. I also put v 19 bios on it and it is working great. how do I post results I am still playing, but well on my way. also is there a way to check my temp in windows. any help would be great. I am going to tri to get like 11x200 with no memory split I think that is where I want to be but it might take some work to get it there. is the burn in going to help my oc.

Thanks bios made a big difference.