• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New OFFICIAL TH7-II BIOS BW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The BIOS was definintely not fixed. Some people don't seem to be able to use the fixed setting with any BIOS, or there is some other problem with their systems. I have no idea.

What matters is this: if you had no problems with the divider with the previous few BIOes (like the BF or the inofficial 7C, D or E), you won't have a problem with this new BW either.

So it can only be a software problem!! It must be just a little piece of ****ty software doing this on our systems!!

Merkor

Hey guys,

Sorry i havent contributed much to this thread for a while, but like i said earlier, I have now moved on from my TH7II and gone with some IT7max 2 v2 goodness with 512 XMS 3500 DDR.

And the FIX works with my 9700PRO :eek:

Before this, i tried out a gigabyte 8pe ULTRA board , and that also booted with the FIX options.

So i would say that its a bios thing with the TH7II and 9700pro from my recent findings.

;)

Another thing i did find was that my TH7ii undervolted to as much as 1.34 volts at some points, on the Northwood , the Gigabyte and the IT7 Max 2v2 stay at about 1.49volts using the same Enermax 350 supply with all 3 boards.

Maybe its this, i dunno but i hope you get it sorted because it was a great board for me in the time i had it.

Last edited:
well as i said before this problem is not due to bios but rather the catalyst and the boards bios. only abit. no matter what bios you use it'll be the same. but from what logger told me. and yeah it's ok laja, you dun need to do it if you dun wanna :) , but from what i seem to notice this bug is only occuring in th7II board with the AC2001 sticker. this might be a revision problem. those with AC2001 seems to be having this problem. but those with AC97 doesn't seem to be effected. i think Laja's board maybe the AC97 version since he says it's the earlier ones. but anyways. i guessing the only solution to this is either Abit fix the Fix for us or hope for catalyst to change . this problem only arises from using the catalyst driver.

I agree. I have had all kinds of video cards on this board without any problems. except ATI.
Possibly ATI will do some more work on their drivers. They have upgraded the catalyst what 4 or 5 times now since the release of the 9700. Or I'll just have to settle for nvida..Tis ok

Logger

ivanjong said:
from what i seem to notice this bug is only occuring in th7II board with the AC2001 sticker. this might be a revision problem. those with AC2001 seems to be having this problem. but those with AC97 doesn't seem to be effected. i think Laja's board maybe the AC97 version since he says it's the earlier ones.

AC97 and AC2001 have got nothing to do with it! AC97 is the audio codec for the onboard sound, whereas, AC2001 is the chip that provides the SoftMenu functionality. All TH7-II have both of them.

See the following thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80922&highlight=ac2001

Do you all let your BIOS handle the IRQ management (set to AUTO) or did you assign your IRQs manually in the BIOS?

Perhaps this is another thing to check. Please report!

Merkor

arman , i dun think all th7II have both of the stickers does yours ???? as far as i know it's only AC97 or AC2001 and its an either or , not both. plus AC97 is the sound codec true but AC2001 is not the softmenu chip. and next the stickers have nothing to do with the sound codec or the sofmenu chip all th7II - raid have AC97 codecs, no matter what board revision you have. and next the sticker are on the same location for both AC97 and AC2001. please do look into your mobo first please. as far as i know theres only 2 stickers on thee th7II - raid , one AC97 or AC2001 on the softmenu chip and the other is a TH7II - RAID on the highpoint chip.

Back