• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New owner of A7V333. I have questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

Ok guys I am new to this fourm and i a few questions about the A7V333.(Looks to be a sweet board from hows its benched and preformed)

Componets for my rig are just in case:

Chieftech Full tower 5 80mm Sunon Casefans
350Watt Antec PSU
A7V333 Rev 1.02
XP1600 AOGIA stepping(week old from newegg)
AX-7 80mm Enernmax Adjustable
256 Cosair XMS C2PC3200
Radeon 8500LE
Netgear Nic
20GB Maxtor ATT66 5400RPM

1. Ok Dose the A7V333 read from the diode?
2. When I put overvolt on, no materr what voltage is selected in the bios, it is always around 2.09-2.11 volts. I also turn the un-limted voltage jumper on. Is that causing the problem?
3. I am confused how to change the VDimm voltage. with the motherboard laying in the tower is pin 1 closer to the AGP card or is it closer to the NorthBrige? Dose the overvoltage affect VDimm too?? And do I need to be in jumper mode or can I be in jumperless mode to change VDimm.
4. My board came with bios1013, there ias no need update to 1015?

Sorry This motherboard is a bit harder to setup than my Shuttle AK31. So many jumpers:p

Maximouse

Vengance_01 said:

1. Ok Dose the A7V333 read from the diode?
2. When I put overvolt on, no materr what voltage is selected in the bios, it is always around 2.09-2.11 volts. I also turn the un-limted voltage jumper on. Is that causing the problem?
3. I am confused how to change the VDimm voltage. with the motherboard laying in the tower is pin 1 closer to the AGP card or is it closer to the NorthBrige? Dose the overvoltage affect VDimm too?? And do I need to be in jumper mode or can I be in jumperless mode to change VDimm.
4. My board came with bios1013, there ias no need update to 1015?

Welcome to the Forums.

To answer your questions.

1: With the Bios version you are using. The Temp sensor used is not the ondie sensor, but the external diode reading (about 10c lower than ondie)

2: If you want a lower voltage you have to disable the overvolt jumper.

3: As the board is sitting in the tower, Pin #1 is at the bottom. Vdimm settings are usable in both jumper and jumperfree mode and overvolting does not affect it.

4: No real need to flash unless you upgrade to a newer proccessor, if yours works fine with it then you can just leave it unless you feel brave. :)

Have fun.
Al

Last edited:
OP
Vengance_01

Vengance_01

also I think i might have gotten a CD board? on south Bridge it says CD. If i remember correctly these boards don't O/C that well right?

Maximouse

Vengance_01 said:
also I think i might have gotten a CD board? on south Bridge it says CD. If i remember correctly these boards don't O/C that well right?

Thats new information with me, never heard that??

Anyone else?

Al

12am

I heard of the CD vs CE issue when the first boards came out aswell. The story goes that the earlier CD northbridges weren't all that hot and they couldn't overclock very well. (I think amdmb.com picked it up first) Asus quickly released a new stepping of the northbridge CE that fixed these issues and tried to run out thier stock of existing CD Mobo's. Lets hope it overclocks well for you! if not I would exchange it for a CE version.

PVCM3

Registered
Don't know why address was changed from what copied & pasted, but click on ASUS mainboards then scoll down to A7V333

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
Re: Re: New owner of A7V333. I have questions

Regarding the thermal diode hardware. The transistor wired as a diode, that is located down in the socket well is in parallel with the diode inside the processor itself. If you are using a CPU that does not have the internal diode, then the one down in the socket well is used. If you use a CPU with an internal diode, then both the one in the socket well and the one inside the CPU are used simultaneously.

Also, back in April, I posted the fact that with the overvoltage control jumper, you can substitute a 500k ohm linear taper potentiometer for the shorting jumper and that will allow you to continuously vary the core voltage from the front of your PC. Here is that original post.

Good Luck

Hoot

Last edited: