• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PCI Express

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

007

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Location
England Lancashire.
Hey all.

I am due a big upgrade for my pc sometime within the next few months.
However I was thinking that instead of simply upgrading my cpu+ram+graphics card now to something like a AMD XP 3200 and 3200 ddr and probably something like a GeforceFX 5900xt, that it might be a better idea to waitfor a while, to say around January next year as the sales start.

Then I could probably get a few good deals on a new pci express capable mobo and graphics card to boot.

You think it a wise move to wait or what?
Or am I being to wishfull thinking like in my optimism about finding good prices for pci capable mobo and graphics card early next january??

I mean I no they are just starting to come to the shop shelves now, with the new 6800's and what not, but I have been thinkinbg that by january next years the new technology should be fairly well established, and deals should be possible to find.

What say you guys??

007
 

dicecca112

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Location
MA, USA
I would think so, I would defintealy wait to upgrade, if not later than january. I would do a whole new computer if I were you. Upgrade to an A64, new mobo, new memory, new PCI-E vid Card, etc.