• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED New PSU needed, what do you think about this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dlaw

So, i think my PSU has about had it. I have the XFX Core Edition 550w picked out, and I'm ready to buy it tonight. But first, I have a couple of questions.

First, do you guys recommend this PSU? I don't think it's in the recommended PSU section, but from what I understand, it is the same internally as the SeaSonic S12 II, which is. Is that true?

Second, I'm going to upgrade my GPU around tax time (I hope, god do I hope), and unless something better comes along or I end up with more money than I think I will, I'll probably go with a 7970. Will this PSU work fine with that? I don't really want to buy another one then, but I don't have more than $50 to spend right now.

What do you guys think? Do you have any other recommendations? I will be ordering tonight before the deal on it ends, and the woman changes her mind, lol.

It is a quality PSU, yes.

A quality 550W PSU, like the on you linked, will handle any single GPU and CPU overclocked under ambient temps.

Go for it.

Back