• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Radeon 9700 from Tyan, WHERE can I get this???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
my only little worry is, it looks like it would take forever to get that thing apart if you wanted to water cool it or peltier cool it.
but if it clocks 400 at default that would be worth the trouble...

thats really wierd...my dads owned many tyan mobos none of them had many overclocking features but they were stable as heck

Yeah but Tyan maybe need to refresh their image and step into new areas. They used to rule in the server area, but now more manufacturers offer products that are equal to or better than Tyan.

On tyans website it looks like they have a 256 Mb version coming up too.

Interestingly its amazing ATI lets them make a card faster than thiers....you would think they wouldnt allow this and threaten to deny them a licence to manufacture them. :confused:

dont give your hopes up nothing this good can be without any bugs or something. dont get me wrong. that card looks KICK ***, but it looks like it is to good to be true. i mean it would be the perfect card if it were ture. you got crazy clock speeds, temp monitoring, and support on every mobo....

just dont get your hopes up!

wow nice, what are the memory timings? 24+Gb/s hehehe.
If I can find one here I'm probably going to Ati bandwagon :D
Especialy with nv30 being so long away and expected to be so ****ing expensive...

Ati's power is finally being exposed.... EVERYONE should get their hopes up for this card, once it comes out, it will be the talk of the town.

HUGE heatsinks man, but does it seem like the fan's a bit wimpy?
BTW - MAKE SURE TO LOOK AT THE PIX ON THE DANISH WEBSITE - they take the heatsink apart, and expose the whole thing... which sorta sheds some light on the card....

it looks great. but the danish site never got it up to 400 mhz core. althought i can't read ((((Danish))). and for what i could read they only used 256 mb of ram. with a strong computer that card can soar. I would love one of these cards. just i don't have the money.

Emericana said:
dont give your hopes up nothing this good can be without any bugs or something. dont get me wrong. that card looks KICK ***, but it looks like it is to good to be true. i mean it would be the perfect card if it were ture. you got crazy clock speeds, temp monitoring, and support on every mobo....

No, see, Tyan stuffs is IMPOSSIBLY STABLE. My bet is that this will be the most reliable 9700Pro board evar.

Henry Rollins II said:
Why is that? Nvidia allows their manufacturers to sell overclocked cards right out of the box, so why not.

Because Nvidia doesnt manufacture its own cards. ATI's have been the highest clocked cards around, and they would rightfully be threatend if someone clocks their's higher than their own. On the other hand, Nvidia could give less ****. They don't make any money off selling their own boards.

TheFrag said:

Because Nvidia doesnt manufacture its own cards. ATI's have been the highest clocked cards around, and they would rightfully be threatend if someone clocks their's higher than their own. On the other hand, Nvidia could give less ****. They don't make any money off selling their own boards.

ati actually hopes to phase out to a point where most of their sales are from third party sources, im sure theyre thrilled that Tyan is releasing an uber Radeon9700Pro, remember not all of them can hit 400 so they probably are getting select chips from Ati......i think the chip supplying makes more sense, and Tyan is smart is making a card that is compatible and works....though it is disgraceful if Ati couldnt do the same thing with their own chipset....and as has been Tyan is a QUALITY company, i have no doubt that this card will be better than Ati's or the other partners in at least speed and compatibility, not perfect obviously, but better:)

Emericana said:

you are just stuck on nvidia, face it they are in the back seat right now and for a bit I assume, but ya know what can happen when ya assume , LOL

I think the card will truly rock.... R U keeping your Albatron now?

Cisco KId

Back