• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Radeon HD 3650 1GB at the Egg!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mblue

I don't know the egg has a few 8800gts 320's for 114 after rebates that I think would be better.

moto211

1 gig with a card like that is pointless. even on high end cards, 1 gig isn't really useful unless you run really high resolutions.

Cheator

Yeah man, stay far away :) its meant to have curb appeal but you get up close and the power just doesn't match... that gpu can't handle all that ram anyway.

attack

Pretty much everyones hit on the obvious. Don't be a Joe-six-pack sucker.

Pinky

The 128bit handicap just about smashes 3D performance at resolutions that would normally benefit from 1GB of onboard ram. The benefit from 1GB of ram is lost as a result. What you're left with is an underclocked POS IMHO. You would get about the same performance from a used 8600GTS (256MB) or comparable for $50 on eBay. I would not personally spend $80+ on this.

No, it's not horrible, but definitely not news worthy.

Sndm3mny

lol that card doesnt even look like it could do any damage with anything other then starcraft or condition zero.......i bet crysis would make it crash and scream UNCLE! lololol
i wouldn't buy it just because it looks like my old nvidia fx5500

Sndm3mny

Every company does it.

i double that.....and plus they make good stuff so why not? nvidia also...but what pulled me away was that I had 4 nvidia cards all 4 Failed after a few yrs from PCI > AGP > PCI-E

i forgot which models i had but i know i had the TNT-2 , FX5500, 8600GT i gave up on them.... >waves bye< even though i still like there cards its not like im some kinda ATI Fan boy i give credit where it is due... and plus the 3870x2 got the best 3dmark06 score.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6061898